DJI latest info for those using the iPad mini 2 + wifi

Reaction score
Forgive me for a topic that's been beaten to death but...

I finally got my p3 Adv and tried to download the pilot app for it onto my iPad mini 2 + wifi. Apple App Store said my iPad was not supported for the v.1.2.0 of that app even though on the DJI website it clearly states it does support it. So my p3 Adv is sitting on the table like a decoration.

Anyway, I got to chat with customer support at DJI today, (7-21-2015 @6 PM EST, and was told this:

[Actual Quote: "I'm sorry to hear of this unfortunate event. I was unaware of any changes made in the app. You are correct, this is listed as a supported device. Unfortunately, I don't have any updates on when it will be available." End of Quote]
They also advised me NOT to fly without the app. Thank you very little DJI.

So, there you have it. Sorry those of us with the iPad mini 2+wifi will probably not see a version that supports it.

I'll be looking into an Android Tablet now...
Thanks for listening and hope this info helps those that have the iPad mini 2+wifi.

I guess the big boys make mistakes too. The android tablet should be quad core, have a least a gig of ram and support 1280 resolution and have a nice bright screen. Nice to have so card slot and USB ports too.

Are you sure you're not talking about the iPad Mini 1st gen? iPad Mini's 2nd gen are definitely compatible with the pilot app, just used mine today.

I too have a base model iPad Mini 2 (16 GB - Wi-Fi only), bought for use with the Phantom exclusively. Effectively, it has nothing on it but the software that comes with it, and the DJI Pilot app. It works perfectly. Moreover, I downloaded the app from the Apple store without any problem. The only difference that I see with your set-up is that I am using it with a P3P, and not a P3A, but it's unlikely that would be a significant difference since the DJI Pilot app is the same for both versions of the Phantom 3.

A possible go-around would be to use iFunbox (http://www.i-funbox.com/) to install the DJI software. Just download the Pilot app to your computer with iTunes and use iFunbox to install it to the iPad. You'll need to turn off iTunes to allow iFunbox to link to the iPad via USB.

It should work on your iPad Mini 2 since it does for others.

I too have a base model iPad Mini 2 (16 GB - Wi-Fi only), bought for use with the Phantom exclusively. . You'll need to turn off iTunes to allow iFunbox to link to the iPad via USB.

It should work on your iPad Mini 2 since it does for others.
Canadian, whereabouts in the Okanagan are you? I'm in Lake Country admiring the forest fire plumes from Falkland!

Hi Wordsmith, I'm in Naramata where, once again, we had a fire as well. Just east of the Little Tunnel, close to the power lines. Forestry crews still haven't gone through our gates so they must still be up there. It's a bit worrisome since the wind has really picked up.

I believe you have a 1st gen iPad. Check out this link and double check your model #...
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201471
Thanks for that link. I indeed had a mini NOT a mini 2. Took it back to the store and the manager looked at my purchase reciept and aplogized for the mistake. He said they charged me for a mini 2 but gave me a mini.
If not for trying that pilot app I might never have known. He gave me the mini 2 immediately. Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.