DJI is stepping it up, repair turn-around

Reaction score
I've heard that DJI is doing better at repair turn around, I am convinced now. Last Saturday when I sent my P4 into for some warranty work I was wondering what would happen, since I have never used their repair dept before. My P3 never needed warranty work, so I was shipping my P4 away to DJI with a little concern, maybe a little separation anxiety :D.

So today I get an email that says it's on it's way back to me, that's less than a week! Keep in mind I live about 35mi from the Carson repair facility, but still, I'm impressed! I don't think anyone could complain with that fast of turn around. What are others experiencing, the same?

I look forward to getting it back next week.

Thanks DJI.

Why not drive there?
Not sure if is repaired, they may be sending you one of the returned ones they are stuck with.
Did you record the SN of the original unit and compare with the one you will get?

Was the repair for the 40' ascending problem?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI has really improved their turn-around time but they haven't improved the repair quality. I sent in my P3S about a month ago for an ESC failure. Took one week to mail, one week to fix, and one week to return. Took it right out of the box when I got it back and took it out to fly. I found out they didn't even replace the board. They changed one motor. They clearly didn't test it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI has really improved their turn-around time but they haven't improved the repair quality. I sent in my P3S about a month ago for an ESC failure. Took one week to mail, one week to fix, and one week to return. Took it right out of the box when I got it back and took it out to fly. I found out they didn't even replace the board. They changed one motor. They clearly didn't test it.

What's the rest of the story? Is it at DJI now, or did you finally get it back fixed right?

Why not drive there?
Not sure if is repaired, they may be sending you one of the returned ones they are stuck with.
Did you record the SN of the original unit and compare with the one you will get?
They provided a prepaid UPS shipping label. Easier than driving and free.

DJI makes you record all the serial number stuff in their RMA form, so yes. I'll know if I got the same bird back.

Was the repair for the 40' ascending problem?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes, but subsequently we figured out the huge yoyo effect was caused by the camera guard, I'm almost certain. Hopefully they fixed my other issues, which was slow speed of 15mph with OA enabled, it should do 22mph. Also complained about poor signal integrity, poor distance performance, losing control signal at 4000' in places my P3 goes 10,000'. When I link my Inspire RC to my P4 it will go 12000' easily, stock antenna too. I sent them my P4 RC to verify.

What's the rest of the story? Is it at DJI now, or did you finally get it back fixed right?
I was pretty mad at DJI and showed them how they didn't fix the problem. They didn't hesitate to give me another return label and I put some small dots with a marker on the main board and the motor not functioning normally. The day I saw it was signed for, it also got checked into their system. The next day they repaired it and sent it back to me. They used fedex express when returning it this time which is $75 to get to me compared to $30 ground shipping, so maybe they were truly sorry they messed up. I was only 2 weeks without it this time. I have it back now fully working, but DJI should of done it right the first time.
I just finished getting pictures of a fair in town with it!

Yes, but subsequently we figured out the huge yoyo effect was caused by the camera guard, I'm almost certain. Hopefully they fixed my other issues, which was slow speed of 15mph with OA enabled, it should do 22mph. Also complained about poor signal integrity, poor distance performance, losing control signal at 4000' in places my P3 goes 10,000'. When I link my Inspire RC to my P4 it will go 12000' easily, stock antenna too. I sent them my P4 RC to verify.

I bought and installed a 3D gimbal guard and immediately had problems. The seller told me it had to be placed precisely in the right position so it would not interfere with the sensors. I just stopped using it and all was well.

I bought and installed a 3D gimbal guard and immediately had problems. The seller told me it had to be placed precisely in the right position so it would not interfere with the sensors. I just stopped using it and all was well.
I placed mine exactly where it was designed to go too, but I'm sure it's the culprit for the big yoyo effect. I don't think the designer knows there's a problem, likely assuming it's the same as p3. NOT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers