DJI is replacing my runaway Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
I just want to say Thank You to DJI for replacing my drone that ran away from home and didn't come back.
Ungrateful Drone!

Actually, they found it limping in near Hong Kong and are returning it to you....

Don't be just gratefull to them, tell us some details, what happened, have you sent them the flight log a.s.o.

In a nut shell , I was flying around the yard with no problem. Then I took it up about 150ft and about a 140 meters to the north and got a compass error that did not go away and lost GPS. I tried to get it home in ATTI mode but the drone would not respond to my inputs except I was able to get more altitude because that was my first thing I did was raise it up so I could get more time to regain control of it. I did a RTH as a last resort and as soon as I did it went flying off full speed in the opposite direction even though my home point was set on the map in my back yard. I tried to regain control after a short time but no luck so I did a RTH again and it did the same thing went full speed the opposite way. I lost the signal and that was that. I went to its last location on the map and could not locate it. That is how I remember it. It all happened so fast but I think I did everything I could do besides trying to crash it. I sent my log and video of the incident to DJI. They looked at it and determined it was a warranty issue and gave me a 100% coupon for a P3A without controller and charger. I ordered it this morning.
I'm very happy with the speed and result of there service. Now I'm just waiting for my new drone to be shipped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4