DJI Introduces the Phantom 4 (official DJI videos)

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DJI - Phantom 4 - One Step at a Time

DJI - Phantom 4 - The Thrill of Speed

DJI - Phantom 4 - Your Creative Sidekick

More information can be found on DJI's website.

Last edited:
Looks great, I wonder when they'll start to ship, might let early adopters work out the bugs but looks like a worthy upgrade!

Nice. I'm tempted to get one! :)

DJI, why you so private??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 10.02.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 10.02.45 AM.png
    882.1 KB · Views: 552
I guess DJI took it down.

You can watch the launch event live here.

Huh. Looks like I watched it just in time!

Feature wise the P4 is ahead of the P3 which was to be expected. BUT... I've read countless threads on this Forum of users crashing or losing their drones and the Phantom 4 will not rectify this. In fact if you lightly crash a Phantom 4, my guess is you'll fry a sensor or two which may cause the entire bird to be inoperable.

So u get about 5 min more battery and object sensing. Really that's it ???? There coming out with what other drones already have. Not very impressed

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Phantom 4 is up on their website here.

There is quite a bit of difference with the 4. It will be a major game changer. It will also help with the reputation(poor) of drones crashing into objects,albeit in forward mode. Personally I never had problems with the P 3 but the P4 adds another level of safety. It is also much faster in sport mode, I need the additional speed. So yes,will be purchasing one soon.

Reactions: JimCroce
So u get about 5 min more battery and object sensing. Really that's it ???? There coming out with what other drones already have. Not very impressed

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Many more features than this. However I could see only the newbies or nervous pilots using object avoidance as it may interfere with how we currently fly. It may be part of Beginner mode and users may turn it off.

My prediction is that the battery is 28 min flight time in Normal mode and probably 20 mins in Sport mode.

P4 Looks very good to me... I'm seriously tempted, even though I've only had my P3A for less than 4 months. Don't see collision avoidance system as being anything but a big plus (assuming it works reliably) especially as it covers what's underneath as well as what's in front. Also love the tap fly and active track functionality, again as long as they're reliable. For someone like me who's more into the photo/ video opportunities the UAV offers, rather than wanting to just pit my piloting skills against the elements or other pilots, this is a big step forward.
There are things I'm disappointed weren't (or were barely) addressed, such as fixed landing gear and the paltry flight time, but realistically I think they've crammed a lot of improvements into the P4. I will wait a month or so to get feedback as to how reliable the new sensors / functions are, but if it lives up to the promo I'm just gonna have to get one.

Not a game changer at all, no lb2? Won't jump anytime soon

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's technologically superior in every way,complete redesign. And it should be at roughly 50% increase in price. I absolutely love the P3P but if the price difference isn't an issue I would certainly purchase the P4. And the P5,6,etc. Tech can burn a hole in the pocket.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31