DJI Intelligent Flight Mode = Mr. Cranky Pants

Reaction score
Its like they totally scammed us with this one. Waypoints limited to 5 m/s, cant choose waypoints on a map. I bet follow me speed is also limited to 5m/s, what else.
Its like a Nigerian Love Scam/ Lotto Scam All in one.

For "Professional Aerial Photographers/Videographers" that are stupid and must be treated like retarded children... Ugh

Reactions: huntjock
Most people flying phantom drones aren't going to use waypoints responsibly for there $1,200 toy.

Wow that's a pretty bold, sweeping conclusion. I actually think most of us try our best to fly safely and responsibly, if for no other reason than to avoid the loss of our "toy."

Wow that's a pretty bold, sweeping conclusion. I actually think most of us try our best to fly safely and responsibly, if for no other reason than to avoid the loss of our "toy."

I believe that everyone at PhantomPilots is a responsible pilot. But imagine you're DJI. You enable tapping waypoints on a map for a drone with 25 minutes of flight time for the hoards of people who buy these on impulse and don't read manuals or learn anything about there aircraft. It would be dangerous and lots of people would be making claims to return their broken drones. I think over time with good UI they will allow more ground station waypoints in the future.

That's interesting as the web site indicates that it is awaiting approval from the App Store and the current version does not work with the latest firmware.

Same in the description for the app in the App Store.

You can download the app on the App Store. Just search. If your asking if it works with the update that just happened 24 hours ago I can't answer that.

Its like they totally scammed us with this one. Waypoints limited to 5 m/s, cant choose waypoints on a map. I bet follow me speed is also limited to 5m/s, what else.

For "Professional Aerial Photographers/Videographers" that are stupid and must be treated like retarded children... Ugh

Uhhhm.... yeah.... I'm gonna need you to tone that down a bit. Actually, a lot. Like, tone it down all the way. Ummmkay?

Reactions: Sammynels
You can download the app on the App Store. Just search. If your asking if it works with the update that just happened 24 hours ago I can't answer that.
Autopilot Version 1.1 is available on the App store. It doesn't work with new 1.4.0 firmware or with the Phantom 3 series PERIOD. It only works with previous versions of the Phantom 3 if you have the Autopilot v2 Beta software. IOS users will have to wait for Autopilot v2 to be released soon I hope.

Tundras:

Thanks for the clarifying. This is good to know. I paid $19.99 for it but haven't actually tried it out yet. I'll ask to be put on the testflight iOS beta list. There's a few other iOS apps I'm going to try too. Do you have any you really liked for your Phantom 3?

Tundras:

Thanks for the clarifying. This is good to know. I paid $19.99 for it but haven't actually tried it out yet. I'll ask to be put on the testflight iOS beta list. There's a few other iOS apps I'm going to try too. Do you have any you really liked for your Phantom 3?
To be honest I haven't tried any. I'm an IOS guy and the only one I've found that seems promising is Autopilot. With any luck Autopilot version 2 should be release within the week. They closed requests for Beta testers a long time ago. As for IOS applications I'm not aware of any and saddley I don't own any Android devices so can't test Litchi out.

To be honest I haven't tried any. I'm an IOS guy and the only one I've found that seems promising is Autopilot. With any luck Autopilot version 2 should be release within the week. They closed requests for Beta testers a long time ago. As for IOS applications I'm not aware of any and saddley I don't own any Android devices so can't test Litchi out.

I'm an iOS user as well. I actually design and write iOS apps for a living. I got approved for SDK access and have considered building a little app for fun. From what I can tell the SDK doesn't have all the API calls needed to really build a full featured app just yet. But it does open exciting possibilities!

I believe that everyone at PhantomPilots is a responsible pilot. But imagine you're DJI. You enable tapping waypoints on a map for a drone with 25 minutes of flight time for the hoards of people who buy these on impulse and don't read manuals or learn anything about there aircraft. It would be dangerous and lots of people would be making claims to return their broken drones. I think over time with good UI they will allow more ground station waypoints in the future.

Gotcha. This is quite possible, gotta admit.

Hey I resemble that remark!

Stop being a bunch of babies for Christ sakes. You beg for a FW update then B*#^& when it comes out and your not happy with it. They are continually trying to improve the capabilities of the P3, cut the crap

Autopilot Version 1.1 is available on the App store. It doesn't work with new 1.4.0 firmware or with the Phantom 3 series PERIOD. It only works with previous versions of the Phantom 3 if you have the Autopilot v2 Beta software. IOS users will have to wait for Autopilot v2 to be released soon I hope.

It's here! Version 2 is LIVE on the App Store!

Autopilot v2.0 Released

Autopilot v2.0 has been released to the App Store and is ready for download. We would like to thank all of the beta testers for your hard work and dedication. You have helped make Autopilot safer and better for everyone.

We need your help!

Autoflight Logic is a software startup based in Austin, TX. While we love working on Autopilot, we need your support in order to continue developing new features and updates. What are the best ways you can support us?

1. Buy Autopilot in the App Store
  2. Leave a 5-star, written review in the App Store
  3. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc
  4. Tell all your friends about Autopilot, especially on forums
  5. Send us awesome Autopilot videos for our Home Page and Youtube channel
Download Autopilot

Autopilot for DJI on the App Store on iTunes

ya I would be cool if they had it better then they have but on the other hand I guess they could of just made us all wait intill they had it done better or more choices and leave us with nothing for now.

But as far as the statments about this new way of doing the way points thing being better for new pilots and thos that would go and try it our right out of the box thing goes. I would think its going to have more newbie pilots crashing or screwing up when they have little to no flight experience in then trying to mess with the way points thing while in the air and flying. I even have a lot of flight time in and decided to not even mess with it yet. and I wish it was more closer to like how the phantom visions waypoints works.. But I would think that they will change it at some point and hopefully some time sort of soon. Tho its dji so I am not going to hold my breath waiting just yet.

Autopilot 2 is junk, I asked for a refund and already got it, but its still on my ipad for some reason. Its useless anyway, ridiculous lag, it doesn't do what you tell it to do. Its pretty risky, it tells the p3 to do weird thing out of nowhere.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr