DJI Inspire

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen DJI Inspires for close to $1000?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maybe one that is being sold just for parts. If you're talking about brand new, that sounds too good to be true. Even the V1 is over 2k new.

I haven't seen any I just meant has anyone ever seen them on sale for close to $1000 or anything? I really like the design and the fact you can change out the cameras but $3k is ridiculous in my opinion.

No, they've never been anywhere close to 1k.

Geeze, are they really worth the price? Do they still have all of the safety features and smart features that the phantom 3 has?

The Inspire is more of a professional machine vs. a hobby machine. It can use two operators, one to pilot it and one to film and other cool features like retractable landing gear, etc. Yuneec makes a hexacopter that is similar but it has collision avoidance, etc but is less than $2000. If you need a pro platform one of those higher level UAV's may be for you.

Are Yuneecs UAVs reliable and good quality?

Geeze, are they really worth the price? Do they still have all of the safety features and smart features that the phantom 3 has?

It depends on your intended use. If you're a hobbyist that occasionally takes aerial photos and/or just enjoys flying...then, probably not. If you're a professional photographer/cinematographer that doesn't want to spend $5K+ on a Spreading Wings platform with a full-frame DSLR...then, it's a bargain.

I started with a P2V+ as a hobbyist over a year ago...then moved to a P3A...then moved to the Inspire 1. From a technical perspective, you don't gain much over the P3 in terms of image quality. However, the Inspire 1 is much more stable and responsive in flight. Also, potential "clients" perceive the Inspire 1 as being more professional. Since purchasing the Inspire 1, my photo/video opportunities have improved greatly over the last 6 months. However, I suspect that won't be the case for everyone.

I consider them to be second to DJI (due to Lightbridge). They make a very nice machine that is reliable. Yuneec has been in the aviation game a long time and they even make a full scale electric airplane for people. You may not of heard of them but they are a major player. Check out the Yuneec sister forum - www.YuneecPilots.com :)

Yuneec - Electric Aviation

It depends on your intended use. If you're a hobbyist that occasionally takes aerial photos and/or just enjoys flying...then, probably not. If you're a professional photographer/cinematographer that doesn't want to spend $5K+ on a Spreading Wings platform with a full-frame DSLR...then, it's a bargain.

I started with a P2V+ as a hobbyist over a year ago...then moved to a P3A...then moved to the Inspire 1. From a technical perspective, you don't gain much over the P3 in terms of image quality. However, the Inspire 1 is much more stable and responsive in flight. Also, potential "clients" perceive the Inspire 1 as being more professional. Since purchasing the Inspire 1, my photo/video opportunities have improved greatly over the last 6 months. However, I suspect that won't be the case for everyone.

Thats great! The only thing that really draws me to the inspire besides the look is the interchangeable cameras for example the new thermal camera they came out with.

I consider them to be second to DJI (due to Lightbridge). They make a very nice machine that is reliable. Yuneec has been in the aviation game a long time and they even make a full scale electric airplane for people. You may not of heard of them but they are a major player. Check out the Yuneec sister forum - www.YuneecPilots.com :)

Yuneec - Electric Aviation

Thanks for the help!

Thats great! The only thing that really draws me to the inspire besides the look is the interchangeable cameras for example the new thermal camera they came out with.

Thanks for the help!

Agree on all points. I recently purchased the X5 camera for better low-light/night photos/videos...and while there's been a bit of a learning curve, I'm pleased with the results thus far. I'm also looking forward to the XT...and will hopefully be able to put the Inspire 1 to use in different areas.

And all of this started from having fun while flying the Phantom 2. :)

Agree on all points. I recently purchased the X5 camera for better low-light/night photos/videos...and while there's been a bit of a learning curve, I'm pleased with the results thus far. I'm also looking forward to the XT...and will hopefully be able to put the Inspire 1 to use in different areas.

And all of this started from having fun while flying the Phantom 2. :)

That's awesome. My biggest thing with the inspire is the battery life. Do you notice the difference?

That's awesome. My biggest thing with the inspire is the battery life. Do you notice the difference?

Yes and no. With the X3 camera, I don't really notice the difference when flying versus the P3. With the X5, I definitely notice the difference. That being said, with all quadcopters...it really comes down to planning your flights/shots in advance. If you're ultimately going to make a 2-3 minute video for uploading to YouTube...then 10-12 minutes of flight time is more than enough to get the shots you need if you know what you're after. Personally, I find that 2 batteries is all I need for the majority of shoots.

Yes and no. With the X3 camera, I don't really notice the difference when flying versus the P3. With the X5, I definitely notice the difference. That being said, with all quadcopters...it really comes down to planning your flights/shots in advance. If you're ultimately going to make a 2-3 minute video for uploading to YouTube...then 10-12 minutes of flight time is more than enough to get the shots you need if you know what you're after. Personally, I find that 2 batteries is all I need for the majority of shoots.

Ok thats good to hear. How is the RTH feature on the inspire? I loved it on my P3S but the landing is rough on my P3A. Also can you tell me the difference between the inspire V1.0 and V2.0 and PRO and Black?

Ok thats good to hear. How is the RTH feature on the inspire? I loved it on my P3S but the landing is rough on my P3A. Also can you tell me the difference between the inspire V1.0 and V2.0 and PRO and Black?

The flight characteristics/features are mostly the same...although, the wider spread of the landing gear on the Inspire 1 helps prevent tip-overs while landing. Personally, I prefer to launch from a folding table and hand-catch when landing...as it keeps dirt/debris off the camera lens, and avoids unnecessary shocks to the gimbal.

Here's a rough breakdown:
Inspire 1 - includes X3 camera (same image sensor as P3A/P3P)
Inspire 1 v2.0 - includes X3, but adds mounting plate and upgraded motors/ESCs for carrying X5
Inspire 1 PRO - v2.0 aircraft that includes X5 camera
Inspire 1 PRO black - same as above in black

I've also read that Inspire 1s made after Dec 2015 feature an upgraded RC/transmitter for increased range.

Is the V2.0 the one that has interchangeable cameras? Or they all do?

All versions have interchangeable cameras.

The Inspire is more of a professional machine vs. a hobby machine. It can use two operators, one to pilot it and one to film and other cool features like retractable landing gear, etc. Yuneec makes a hexacopter that is similar but it has collision avoidance, etc but is less than $2000. If you need a pro platform one of those higher level UAV's may be for you.
The collision avoidance is not included at the $1800 price point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1