DJI Help Desk Confirm Android 5 and Vision App Issues

Reaction score
I use a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone using Android 4.2 KitKat with my RC and up to this week it has worked perfectly with the DJI Vision App.
On Monday I received an automatic update to Android 5 Lollipop, I mistakenly assumed that since DJI claimed on play store that their DJI App worked with KitKat and above then there would be no issues.
I flew my P2V+ on Tuesday and the first flight was just fine, no issues but during subsequent flights that day various messages I'd never seen before kept appearing almost randomly on my screen, all phantom related.
On a final short flight the vision app simply stopped working in mid flight and I received a DJI Message "Unfortunately the Vision App has closed down" please let DJI know, or something along those lines.
I then read various inputs on this forum indicating there had been others with issues when using Lollipop so emailed DJI.

I emailed DJI help desk and I received this reply, within a few hours
from Tenna.Zhang (DJI)

Jan 29, 09:47

Dear Dave,

Thanks for contacting DJI.
We will have new firmware released soon to remedy the Android 5.0 compatibility problem.
Please keep an eye on our website for the updates and renew your firmware.

Thanks and best regards

At least we now know that DJI acknowledge there is an issue and they are doing something. I wonder though how long will it take before we can use smartphones operating under Android 5.x safely to control our P2V+.

I've written back asking if they know when we can expect a remedy from them.

Let's hope it won't be too long, I'm effectively grounded unless I obtain another phone /tablet running KitKat or, god forbid, an edible fruit product.

Until we hear further then avoid using your smartphone with your Q/C system if it has Android 5.x installed, it is really buggy.

I had an issue but managed to find the original APK file and reinstalled that on my phone and its been fine

Not sure which version of android, but after the app update I had issues, when I went back to the old version it stopped.

My phone is a Samsung S3, no idea what software it has

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20