DJI has released the latest Lightbridge firmware

Reaction score
DJI has released the latest Lightbridge firmware, including following updates:

1. The video lag/stutter issue will be resolved in most situations. Delays caused by the use of third party hardware or software may not be resolved.
2. The available options in Video Transmission Mode Settings will change to “Real Time Mode” and “Smooth Mode” (currently only “Resolution Setting” is available). In Real Time Mode there will be no apparent lag, but image quality may be affected. In Smooth Mode the image quality will be optimized, but the lag may increase.
3. Support for customizing On Screen Display settings. You can adjust the location of the top, bottom, left and right side of the display, ensuring the OSD parameters will be visible.
4. Support HDMI output 720p frame rate setting at 50HZ or 60HZ.
5. Available transmission channels changed from 32 to 10. The frequency of these 10 channels ranges from 2395MHz to 2485MHz. Select appropriate channels within this range to comply with local laws and regulations.

Users MUST upgrade to the following versions through the Lightbridge Assistant v1.3 to get these new features:

Ground system main controller: 1.1.7
Ground system decoder: 1.4.5
Air system main controller: 1.0.3
Air system encoder: 1.1.5
Android App: 1.0.3

NOTE: Please be sure to upgrade both your Ground system and Air system. The Ground system decoder upgrade takes about 10 minutes, please DO NOT power off the Ground system or interrupt the USB connection during the upgrade. If your Lightbridge device behaves abnormally after the upgrade, please contact DJI Support at http://www.dji.com/support.

If you are using Lightbridge with a BMPCC Gimbal, you MUST upgrade the BMPCC HD-AV model to v1.12 through Gimbal Assistant.

User can download the latest Lightbridge Assistant v1.3 from the link below:
http://www.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge/download

Users can download the latest DJI Lightbridge App by the following methods:

1. Login to Google Play and search "DJI Lightbridge" to download;
2. Enter http://m.dji.net/lightbridge on web browser to download;
3. Scan the QR code below to download.
DJI_Lightbridge_app.jpg

4. Check the latest version installed after download.

Enjoy your FPV HD flight!

I've requested a status update from the beta testing contact at DJI. I'll report back if I hear anything.

thx for that i appreciate that. but Im just saying it wont get a release as they use private api, (but i could be wrong but probably am not)

Haze said:
I've requested a status update from the beta testing contact at DJI. I'll report back if I hear anything.

thx for that i appreciate that. but Im just saying it wont get a release as they use private api, (but i could be wrong but probably am not)

I've been curious to see how they get around that since the beta was released.

sar104 said:
Haze said:

As a new Lightbridge owner I've been thinking about this as well. Their are numerous examples of apple making exceptions to their developer conditions for certain partners. I imagine the first submission of this app will get denied, but I can't see apple making an effort to block the app. From what I've read about other examples of this situation, after a direct conversation with the App Store team, many of these apps get special approval and I don't think Apple wants to set a precedent of being unkind to a newly blossoming creative industry. I suppose We'll just have to wait this one out. The fact that DJI is still heavily marketing the iOS capability on the Lightbridge page makes me thinks they are still quite confident they can gain approval.

Id love if apple let it in dont get me wrong i am a iso user over android any day (except lightbridge) as i know they do let some apps in but not apps that brake api rules . especially this video in api it has been denied by numerous app/hardware developers over the years. Now there are always exceptions to the rule but im not holding my breath. I also am still alittle pissed that they advertise the lightbridge as ios ready when its NOT and it actual was one reason i got it was for my ipad use but then they lied and it was not ios ready and is still not ready or approved so. ?? i just doubt it as then if DJI can make a video in device i will make a video in device for all other HDMI compliant devices. could put DVD/bluerayXBOX in to ipad, this doesnt exist now.....

AEON said:
sar104 said:
Haze said:

As a new Lightbridge owner I've been thinking about this as well. Their are numerous examples of apple making exceptions to their developer conditions for certain partners. I imagine the first submission of this app will get denied, but I can't see apple making an effort to block the app. From what I've read about other examples of this situation, after a direct conversation with the App Store team, many of these apps get special approval and I don't think Apple wants to set a precedent of being unkind to a newly blossoming creative industry. I suppose We'll just have to wait this one out. The fact that DJI is still heavily marketing the iOS capability on the Lightbridge page makes me thinks they are still quite confident they can gain approval.

I agree - I think this is the way they will try to make it work. And it does seem like a good fit for them to partner with Apple.

Hello!
I am a new user of both Phantom 2 (with Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and GoPro), and Dji Lightbridge.

Got my Dji Lightbridge yesterday, has mounted it correct with the official Dji video as guide. Has some questions regarding FPV:

1. Has an "old" Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Model number GT-P3110. Tried to connect it after installation with a USB plug into the Ground-unit. Used the chargeconnection from the Galaxy 2, (the only output from the tablet).

2. Are the Galaxy tab 2 to old?

3. With the mentioned Samsung connection I got no picture from the GoPro, since I have not installed any APP og software on the Samsung yet. I am an Appleman, and would normally like to use my Iphone og Ipad Mini, but these are not supported yet.
In the Google Play I, which app or apps should I download to use the Lightbridge?

4. Can I use the original remotecontrol (white) that I got with the Phantom 2, or MUST or should I use my Graupner MX 16 remote control? ( With that I can TILT the camera gimbal)

4. The original connection from the gimbal, what should I do with it, tape it to the gimbal, any other solution? (see picture).

After the procedure installation of the Lightbridge the Phantom 2 wont even start up ( with the original remotecontrol) No response what so ever. I have not updated any of the soft/ firmware of : Phantom 2, remotecontrol, lightbridge, Zenmuse etc. Will of course try that, but do not understand why the Phantom not responds to the remotecontrol.

Any other tips to a novice ?

Regards from Norway

Bjorn

Attachments

• Gimbal connection.JPG
    Gimbal connection.JPG
    262.8 KB · Views: 836
  • Samsung.JPG
    Samsung.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 868
BCrescueman said:
Hello!
I am a new user of both Phantom 2 (with Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and GoPro), and Dji Lightbridge.

Got my Dji Lightbridge yesterday, has mounted it correct with the official Dji video as guide. Has some questions regarding FPV:

1. Has an "old" Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Model number GT-P3110. Tried to connect it after installation with a USB plug into the Ground-unit. Used the chargeconnection from the Galaxy 2, (the only output from the tablet).

2. Are the Galaxy tab 2 to old?

3. With the mentioned Samsung connection I got no picture from the GoPro, since I have not installed any APP og software on the Samsung yet. I am an Appleman, and would normally like to use my Iphone og Ipad Mini, but these are not supported yet.
In the Google Play I, which app or apps should I download to use the Lightbridge? and i am on th H3-2d so i cant help u with that.

4. Can I use the original remotecontrol (white) that I got with the Phantom 2, or MUST or should I use my Graupner MX 16 remote control? ( With that I can TILT the camera gimbal)

4. The original connection from the gimbal, what should I do with it, tape it to the gimbal, any other solution? (see picture).

After the procedure installation of the Lightbridge the Phantom 2 wont even start up ( with the original remotecontrol) No response what so ever. I have not updated any of the soft/ firmware of : Phantom 2, remotecontrol, lightbridge, Zenmuse etc. Will of course try that, but do not understand why the Phantom not responds to the remotecontrol.

Any other tips to a novice ?

Regards from Norway

Bjorn

I Think the Galaxy tab 2 is too old. sorry. iOS app is not released yet and dont count on it soon. and yes you need to use a different remote then the stock DJi remote unless its the 5.8ghz version with 5.8 board inside. U need a remote witha trainer port. I use the futaba 14sg. And Update all of the Lightbridge software to the newest its best so far. For phantom 2 im still on newest 2.xx version i have not updated to 3.xx what ever version is out now. this should be in its own thread though.

I upgraded my LB and samsung tab 4 app. The video stability is better.

However, video out the HDMI port is still not very good, drops out, loses connection all the time while still maintaining a good signal and connection with the controller and the quad.

On the Tab4 with the app, it's better.

ChrisTompkins said:
I upgraded my LB and samsung tab 4 app. The video stability is better.

However, video out the HDMI port is still not very good, drops out, loses connection all the time while still maintaining a good signal and connection with the controller and the quad.

On the Tab4 with the app, it's better.

You have something set up incorrectly. The HDMI output should be perfectly stable, and better than what you view on either the Android or iOS (beta) app.

Thanks for your reply, with my setup I am able to fly out beyond 2200feet (670M) under optimal conditions.
Do you have any suggestions on what might help the HDMI feed?

Thank you.

ChrisTompkins said:
Thanks for your reply, with my setup I am able to fly out beyond 2200feet (670M) under optimal conditions.
Do you have any suggestions on what might help the HDMI feed?

Thank you.

I assume that you have tried a different cable. What are you using for a monitor? If you connect it directly to the GoPro HDMI output, does it display OK? Also, if the video displays properly via the app then the video stream is arriving at the LB OK, and so the problem must be the interface between the LB ground unit and your monitor.

DISTANCE seems reduced with this update big time, i can Hardly get out 100 m now with out video drop....

Yeah distance is nothing. Inside on the TV its fine but in real flying conditions its WEAK!

get yourself a samsung galaxy tab S with the amoled display its soopa good !!

:D

I'm running a samsung galaxy tab 4, video drops out all the time.
Feeding a HDTV via the HDMI and it's worse.

But I have good ground to air connection and control.

P2
Lightbridge
Futaba 14SG
Samsung Tablet 4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj