DJI has confirmed no waypoints for DJI Pilot

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
DJI has confirmed that a waypoint feature will not be coming to DJI Pilot.

Edit: The original post in the above thread is a bit old. Somebody just recently brought the thread back to life :(

Last edited:
And what about that option to set current aircraft position as a home point?

DJI employees in that same form have stated that Pilot will have GS. Blade Strike has also posted here that it will have GS. So we have different stories from DJI employees.

Last edited:
Yeah, that conversation was "as of release" back in April.
I think this is msinger volunteering to get-er-done :)

...kinda' like for volunteers where everyone else steps back! :rolleyes:o_O:D:p;)

That's an old thread......look at the dates of the posts. It's already been confirmed it will be coming after that post was made.

DJI support also said P3 ADvanced was not getting youtube and it got youtube a week later....just saying

Can someone tell me: is that option to set current aircraft position as a home point... This is not exactly the same thing of a waypoint?

The communication in that linked thread was from April 9th.
So that's not "just announced". The DJi support reps in other
forums later said waypoints were coming.

Can someone tell me: is that option to set current aircraft position as a home point... This is not exactly the same thing of a waypoint?
The ability to set Home Point at the Phantom's current location is in the latest IOS app and coming soon for Android.
This is different from being able to fly a waypoint mission where you plot a track between a series of waypoints and the Phantoms flies the course you program.

Old posts. I think we'll get GS.

The ability to set Home Point at the Phantom's current location is in the latest IOS app and coming soon for Android.
This is different from being able to fly a waypoint mission where you plot a track between a series of waypoints and the Phantoms flies the course you program.

Hmmm now i think i got it!!

Waypoint is to go, and return to phantom current location is a return process...

Thanksss one more time heavy meta!

Custom apps will have it I would think.
They already do and are just waiting on the firmware release to support it. However, those 3rd party apps each cost another $10 and its difficult to know which one works best for you. A person could easily spend $30 to find this out.

Im wondering why include GS in an older lesser bird and not at some point put into P3 but even better
what i have seen and read the comp r miles ahead

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers