DJI Hardcase Backpack Doesn't Fit P3S Controller w/Arm - SOLVED

Reaction score
SOLVED - See post below if you were wondering how to make it fit...

I bought the "official" DJI hardshell backpack to transport either my P3S or P3A. The P3A controller fits in just fine. snug but fits. The P3S controller does not. The "Smart Device" arm cannot be moved in such a way to get it to fit in the case.

The only way I see to get it to fit is to remove the arm. Sure not a big deal unless you are trying to re-assemble in the field over grass, dirt, sand, or any surface that dropping screw and trying to find it becomes problematic.

Anyone have a reasonable solution/workaround for this?

Last edited:
Send a picture. You may have the older model backpack.

So I finally was able to move the arm around so that it fit. I had to loosen the two arm screws and move it around till it fit. It fits well.. I was going to delete this thread as I feel like such a dummy but maybe someone else may benefit from it...

Send a picture. You may have the older model backpack.

Yeah, that's what I had to do as well. You'd think DJI would know to put a piece of paper explaining how to do this in the packaging!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1454856215.155955.jpg

I have the same case and have no trouble with the p3s arm. Simply articulate the ball until the mount is flush with the back of the controller and it actually does fit like a glove[emoji482]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
d7f5fa70f1f3950e903dbeec5caefec5.jpg

Let me know if it works for you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.