DJI/GoPro Venture????

Reaction score
I had a ad come across my facebook feed earlier today that stated GoPro would be entering the drone market at the first of the year with a target price of $500-$1000 (camera included). By the way I read it, it seemed as if they would be partnering with DJI???? Anyone else heard this, or am i just late again as always? lol

I haven't heard it but it sounds very interesting!

DJI didn't include a GoPro mount on the Inspire 1 for a reason, they want the camera end of the business as well. They recently purchased a camera manufacturer. This will leave GoPro out in the cold so to stay relevant, they too or going it alone by designing their own drone. Like telephone companies in the 70s and 80s, I foresee A LOT of companies starting to make drones but in about 10-15 years, only a few will survive. They rest will be bought up by the strongest. DJI and GoPro are setting themselves up to be the market leaders and eventually will go head to head. The good news, in the short term this will drive down costs for all of us.

There goes any chance of me buying an Inspire.
I think GoPro will not be starting from zero, but rather buying a small drone manf.
Would I buy from GoPro? Yes. Their support is great, software works, cameras always worked and as far as I've read, when you have problems with a GoPro, they just exchange it.
Interested to see what they come up with. Hopefully not a Parrot style drone with "follow me" and low distance made mainly or sports.

Fyod said:
..... Hopefully not a Parrot style drone with "follow me" and low distance made mainly or sports.

I fear this will be the case since GoPro love to pander to the hoodie wearing spotty skateboarders of the world.

I wouldn't mind betting that their first dip into the world of UAV's will be a low range WiFi/RF tethered aircraft that is designed to only capture adolescent individuals falling off pieces of wood with castors attached!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20