DJI Googles?

Reaction score
Anyone out there using the googles with the p4p. I realize I need and hdmi adapter to mini d, but I don't see an option in the RC to turn on hdmi?? Will that option be there once I hook up the googles with hdmi?

I don't see an option in the RC to turn on hdmi?
Just connect the DJI Goggles to the remote controller and the display will auto appear inside the goggles.

I still have to turn on HDMI in the RC correct?
No, but you might want to enable this setting in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-HDMI-Simultaneous-Image-Output.jpg

I see that option even when the HDMI cable is disconnected from the remote controller. Perhaps your HDMI Output Module is not installed properly?

Last edited:
Now I'm really confused. Does the pro come with an hdmi output module? Or is this something I have to buy?

The P4P remote controller does not have an HDMI input. You'll need to install the HDMI Output Module on the remote controller like this. If you don't need DJI GO while you're flying, another option would be to connect the DJI Goggles to the USB port on the remote controller.

Yes -- if you want to connect them via HDMI.

Thanks, I really do appreciate all your help. Ok, is it worth the extra $$$ for the hdmi connection? I assume USB is limited? Again, thanks.

USB is actually more feature-rich goggles-wise since it allows head tracking to be used. It does prevent you from using DJI GO at the same time though. I prefer the HDMI connection so I can look down and interact with DJI GO on my mobile device if needed.

Again, thanks so much. You are, without a doubt, one of the most knowledgeable with respect to DJI products.

This is probably a dumb question but is it possible to use a USB splitter and have the dj go app running also?

Ok. Took a short flight with the googles. I honestly don't see a whole lot of difference flying with them or looking at my iPad. Do you use them often?

Returning mine. When DJI comes out with something better, I may jump in, but for now they just don't suit well with my p4p.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20