DJI Googles and P4 Connection

Reaction score
What is needed to connect my P4 transmitter to the DJI googles?? Can I connect using the existing usb for my tablet and the mini for the googles or do I have to purchase the HDMI module??
Can I use my tablet in conjunction with the Googles and what features will the Googles have such as head turn?

I am thinking about purchasing these and want to make sure they work.

Thanks

Can I connect using the existing usb for my tablet and the mini for the googles
Yes.

Can I use my tablet in conjunction with the Googles
You can only use your tablet along with the DJI Goggles if you install the HDMI Output Module on your remote controller (like this) and connect the DJI Goggles to that module via an HDMI cable. You'll also need an HDMI adapter (like this one) if using the included HDMI cable.

If you have a tablet that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1), then you could skip the HDMI Output Module and connect the DJI Goggles to your tablet's HDMI output.

what features will the Googles have such as head turn
You'll need to connect the DJI Goggles to the USB port on the remote controller in order to use the head tracking features.

msinger,

Okay I am going to purchase the HDMI module. So I connect the Googles to the HDMI via the adapter and the tablet via USB. With this connection set up will the googles have the head track feature?? Or is there some other connection set up to allow both head track and tablet to work.

Thanks

With this connection set up will the googles have the head track feature?
No. You must connect the DJI Goggles to the USB port on the remote controller if you'd like to use the head tracking features.

So in other words I cannot have the tablet work and have head tracking feature.... correct??

That's correct.

msinger,

Any suggestion on a good set of FPV googles that you recommend and have used?? I took the DJI back as they were extremely uncomfortable to wear which is a shame as the technology was excellent. I have been looking at the Fat Shark V3 and the HD3. HD3 seems to have newer technology but they might have some issues according to my research.

Thanks

Out of those two, I've only tried the Fat Shark Dominator V3. You're probably going to be disappointed with the picture since it's not immersive like the DJI Goggles. They are more comfortable though since they are much lighter. As I always say about goggles though, none are perfect at everything.

Last edited:
I see on another thread you like the Avegant... Any comments on that?? They look great but I am concerned that there might be a glare in sunlight.

Thoughts??

Having the googles on. The DJI are totally enclosed and the Avegant has a space between your eyes and the screen. I hope I am explaining that right??

I've never experienced that with my Avegant Glyph headset. I doubt the sun would be able to sneak in there and cause such a problem. If possible though, I suppose you could just turn your head a bit.

Last edited:
Okay one last question. What telemetry do you see on the Avegant Googles??

If you connect them to the HDMI Output Module, you will see a screen like this:

FPVGogglesView.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4