DJI Goggles or Yuneec Skyview for P3P?

Reaction score
I have made some of my own phone viewer goggles out of VR viewers, etc. but I would like something higher quality that is a stand alone viewer. I know the DJI Goggles are awesome but since I would just be using the HDMI input with a P3P I wonder if the DJI goggles re worth that much more than the Yuneec Skyview ones. Has anyone used either of these with a P3P or P3A, or maybe used both? Any opinions?

Reactions: guhorns
I plan on buying the DJI Goggles once they are released in July to try them with my P3 Pro. From what I understand, they will connect to the controller HDMI output module with a standard HDMI cable and give you 720p max. resolution (like the Headplays). For truly immersive FPV, you would need to pair the goggles (wirelessly) with the Mavic Pro which allows 1080p30 resolution for live FPV video, which is the first of it's kind for the mainstream drone market. Supposedly the range for this 1080p30 live FPV is out to 3 miles! The reviews for it so far are very good.

Yeah, I know the Mavic is going to be better at range and resolution. I am just wondering if it is worth the extra money for use with my P3P. I may get a Mavic eventually though. I am just happy enough with my P3P for now and I can go about 3 miles with my long range antenna.

This looks cool. It seems to work directly with DJI GO for the Mavic but I wonder if the DJI Go for P3P will work?

Do you think it is better than using the Samsung Gear VR? I have a Gear VR, but of course it wants to do VR and does not work directly with the DJI Go software. I am looking for a wide full screen experience. I found that using Litchi with another VR viewer and my phone was kind of cropped and low resolution. That is why I didn't chop up my Gear VR..... yet.

It will work with GO. It is an Android operating system, so you can load just about any SDK (App).
The resolution is about the same as most phones. I use my phones, Litchi and goggles. My iPhone resolution is about the same as the specs on this viewer, but my Pixel XL has much better resolution.
I don't have these goggles, but I have been researching them. They seem like a decent alternative to the expensive DJI goggles. Plus you can use these for games, movies, PC etc. They were on sale on GearBest for $149 last week.

Yeah, I may pull the trigger on them as a dedicated viewer would be nice. Plus I can still slave them if I get an HDMI board for my remote. I wonder if anyone else makes one as good as these or even better today fort he same price. Tech changes so fast it is hard to buy and find out there was one with better optics, etc. etc. fort he same price.

Check banggood or YouTube. There is one company making them with 4K resolution. But they are around $500.
Not all of them have the HDMI input.

I owned the Yuneec Skyviews. Totally unimpressed with them, all the stories about them fitting poorly are true. The goggles you will receive are NOT the goggles in the advertisements, they've been cheapened considerably in the padding department. View is somewhat distorted, and there was a bad cutoff across the top. The nose fits terribly, were probably designed and fitted to a flatter Asian face (not being bigoted, just reality like Oakley makes Asian fit sunglasses). Mines ultimate demise was that they caught me right across the bridge of the nose to the point of painful to wear. .

I went ahead and just ordered the Magicsee M1 from Amazon for $179.00. It cost way more than Gear Best but I have Amazon Prime so I will have them in 2 days there is a 30 day no questions asked return policy. In 1-2 days I will know if I like them. If so, I will probably order another one from Gear Best for about $135.00 and send the Amazon ones back after I think the slow boat from China is at least half way to port. One concern I really have is that they are totally un-adjustable. They seem to have no IPD or focus adjustment. I will have to "see" if I like how they work and if I can fit reading glasses or add reading glass lenses etc. if I really like them. I will report back here with my findings. I am also on the lookout for anything better. I did see that they have the Magicsee M2's out now, but they are about 3 times the cost of the M1's.

Blurry as hell. I just returned them......BUT I ordered another set from China of the improved Magicsee M1 Pro with the 2k Screen. I know that the optics will still suck but I plan to cobble the rear half (the screen part) of the Magicsee onto another VR headset that has IPD and focus adjustment. I bench tested this by laying the Magicsee down on my desk with screen exposed and placing the front half (facemask and optics) of another VR viewer on top of it. I was able to see pretty well and figure that by using a front half of one VR viewer and the rear half of Magicsee I should be able to have something that is plug and play with my DJI remote, can play movies, etc. and is actually viewable. The one flaw of the Magiscsee is the total lack of focus and IPD adjust. They also use lenses that try to give too wide of a view so they even distort the edges more.

P.S. The Magicsee M1 did not play nice with practically anything I tried to display through the HDMI port. I think it is due to copyright issues with the HDCP protocol. The M1 Pro has a slighter different/better GPU. In at least one advertisement they highlighted in yellow "HDCP compliant" so I should be good to go for hooking up to anything that I want to view over HDMI. Plus with a 2k screen that should eliminate the screen door effect.

This looks cool. It seems to work directly with DJI GO for the Mavic but I wonder if the DJI Go for P3P will work?

Do you think it is better than using the Samsung Gear VR? I have a Gear VR, but of course it wants to do VR and does not work directly with the DJI Go software. I am looking for a wide full screen experience. I found that using Litchi with another VR viewer and my phone was kind of cropped and low resolution. That is why I didn't chop up my Gear VR..... yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues