DJI Go zooming map problem (quad off)

Reaction score
Hello,

Time to time I use the sky blue pen tool to draw some zones to fly in Go app.
I never have had problems in earlier versions of Go/firmware/iOS (P3P)
I have all up-to-date and nowadays I've been having problems.
It is impossible to zoom in several times and when I can do that I am limited to a low scale.
After zooming I have to wait some seconds to be able to move the map anywhere.
I have no problems doing the same thing in Apple and Google maps from my iPad mini 2.
What can I do?
Thank you.

Hello,

It is impossible to zoom in several times and when I can do that I am limited to a low scale.
I have no problems doing the same thing in Apple and Google maps from my iPad mini 2.
What can I do?
Thank you.
It's the P4 DJI GO 1.7 version that has the problem. At least on iOS, and maybe on Android, too. You have to initiate all zooming and map dragging through the compass in the lower left hand corner, when the map is full screen. Touch there first and then zoom or drag while keeping your finger held down on the screen. I know! Stupid, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello,

What can I do?
Thank you.
Are you using iOS device?

My first post says I use an iPad mini 2.
After doble tap (wich means zoom in) some times I am able to zoom in and out slidding two fingers.
All works randomly, double tap, slide.
Anyway I see that for my purposes it will be useless: no more finger icon to draw on the map

My first post says I use an iPad mini 2.
After doble tap (wich means zoom in) some times I am able to zoom in and out slidding two fingers.
All works randomly, double tap, slide.
Anyway I see that for my purposes it will be useless: no more finger icon to draw on the map
My first response says to initiate the zooming and navigation through the compass in the lower left the map screen. Have you even tried that? :oops: It's not random. It's very consistent. I am using iOS 9.3, but I am fairly certain it is the DJI GO app version 1.7 which is P4 compatible that is the problem, and not iOS 9.3, but I don't have 1.7 running on a device that isn't already on iOS 9.3 to test with.

Last edited:
I recently heard this could have happened because of IOS 9.3. DJI is working on the fix. What OS number is your ipad running on?

GadgetGuy, I already had tried that and the same as double tapping: next fingers movements have random responses.
There's a new iOs update: 9.3.1. Nothing has changes but fixing iOS update

GadgetGuy, I already had tried that and the same as double tapping: next fingers movements have random responses.
There's a new iOs update: 9.3.1. Nothing has changes but fixing iOS update
Hmmm...I use pinch and pull apart with two fingers and that is very consistent, if initiated from the Compass area on the screen. Never tried double tapping. Try pinch and pull apart instead. Hope that helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31