DJI Go would like to connect to C1

Reaction score
I was frustrated today by the above message every time I pressed either of the C1/C2 buttons. A dialogue box appears on screen with Ignore or Okay options. I also noticed my video downlink to be very flakey. It was behaving as if it was at extreme range, it was in fact in clear sight less than 10 metres away. This behaviour occurred on both of my two flights today. I did a full shut down and battery replacement between flights. This has not happened before and so I tried to investigate later. With the craft on my table and the remote beside it I cannot get the system back to normal. Anyone else seen this issue, anybody got any suggestions?

I was frustrated today by the above message every time I pressed either of the C1/C2 buttons. A dialogue box appears on screen with Ignore or Okay options. I also noticed my video downlink to be very flakey. It was behaving as if it was at extreme range, it was in fact in clear sight less than 10 metres away. This behaviour occurred on both of my two flights today. I did a full shut down and battery replacement between flights. This has not happened before and so I tried to investigate later. With the craft on my table and the remote beside it I cannot get the system back to normal. Anyone else seen this issue, anybody got any suggestions?
I'm having the the same issue on both inspire 1 and my P4

I'm not sure why, but the message to allow access to C button went away when i flew my P4 this evening, no updates , nor any parameters changed. also i noticed the squirly flight when coming in for a landing yesterday , today it was perfect. what in the AF? time for a sanity check.......

Last edited:

im certain this issue was not introduced with the GM release iOS 10. i was trying to pin down what could cause this condition and thinking of it, the only thing i did was reboot my iphone 6 plus after flying yesterday, typically i close the app immediately after flying. wierd. try rebooting your device and see if that does anything.

I had the same problem, video was crappy with green lines and screens.
Since the GO app 2.9.1 was installed before the IOS 10, I deleted the GO app, shut down, restart the pad and reinstalled the GO app. Looks OK now, did not fly since then.

Reactions: twonorth69
Update ! I spoke to DJI today about the issue. By the way the wording exactly is "DJI GO would like to communicate with DJI C1" Anyway this had only occurred since updating to IOS 10 and I am using an iPhone 6. Deleting and reinstalling the app resolved the issue. It also reported a firmware incompatibility which was quickly resolved. Additionally the procedure for emergency prop stop in flight has changed!
So I am back in business, it was frustrating because I tried resetting and recalibrating almost everything before reinstalling the App.

wierd, same thing happened to me after the previous update, i thought i was going crazy since i hadnt changed anything. i powered off and powered on my iphone and it solved the issue.

Can you guys confirm the consensus is this "DJI connect to C1" dialog ONLY happens after upgrading an Apple device to IOS 10? Android users aren't seeing this?

I'm wondering if DJI has tested IOS10. I've never seen a notice about that, saying IOS10 is OK. Am I wrong?

in my case i had ios 10 GM a bit before public release (from the beta program) , after a few days i started seeing the connect to C1 message, i had not made any parameter changes or updated the app. i powercycled the device and it went away. after the most recent update i didn't see the tutorial option when starting the app for the first time which made me suspicious something was up, then noticed the C1 message was back. also noticed some odd flight behaviors when landing. powercycled my phone , when i started the app again, i got the tutorial offer and the c1 message went away. at least in my case i suspect a module isnt being properly loaded or possibly being corrupted in memory until a reboot of the ios device.

I get it, only happened after the IOS 10 update.

On mine have deleted, installed, deleted, installed, still the same crap.

iOS 10 issue for sure. I had it while beta testing, rolled back and it went away, now that I updated to the iOS 10 official release, its back..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Further to my connect issue ......when it does happen I get random camera settings and flakey video link. I too can sometimes make it go away temporarily by shutting down and restarting but it comes back again randomly!! Really annoying Grrrrr! Deleting and reinstalling the app is NOT A FIX !! We must all now lobby DJI to come up with a fix for this!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl