DJI GO Video crash on iOS

Reaction score
I was taking some video of construction and cranes yesterday and was out of sight of the drone. Where I had to park prevented me from seeing the drone due to another building being built in front of me. I was circling the cranes at about 400' high when the video feed locked up. All other items in the DJI GO app were working. Distance, height, speed etc.. I figured I could not do return to home because I didn't know if there were other buildings that were that high or not. I could not see the drone to bring it back so was afraid I would run into something. I finally had to walk around until I could see it.

So my question here is how safe would it have been to close the DJI GO app and reopen it while in flight like that? I think others have said they did it but honestly when I'm 1000' away and 400' up it's a bit unnerving to kill the app and restart it.

My app crash once in ipad (IOS) and reopen again with no problem when the P3 is 100ft above the ground

100ft or 1000ft are the same if the signal good

Back a couple of months ago when it started to get hot outside, my Mini 2 would often shut down due to overheating. I routinely just waited for it to reboot, then opened the app to continue my flight. No problem at all for me other than it was very annoying. I finally gave up on the Mini 2 and got an Air 2. That has never overheated, but it did have a random reboot one time. Same thing. I just waited for it to reboot, opened the app and carried on without issue.

One thing that concerns me is that it sounded like you were flying with a tall building between you and your P3. Did I read that wrong?

Reactions: JoBe
Back a couple of months ago when it started to get hot outside, my Mini 2 would often shut down due to overheating. I routinely just waited for it to reboot, then opened the app to continue my flight. No problem at all for me other than it was very annoying. I finally gave up on the Mini 2 and got an Air 2. That has never overheated, but it did have a random reboot one time. Same thing. I just waited for it to reboot, opened the app and carried on without issue.

One thing that concerns me is that it sounded like you were flying with a tall building between you and your P3. Did I read that wrong?
It was a tall wooden frame of a building. Still being built but yes it was between me and the P3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik