Dji Go Update - Worth it?

Reaction score
Hi guys I haven't done any updates to my drone since Jan of this year and currently am using dji go 2.4.1 (android) and firmware v1.6.0040 for my p3p pro.

If I switch to the newer dji go, will it force me to update my firmware as well?. Also will have to enter in a credit card when I approach a restricted area?. Currently I don't get those prompts.

Just trying to figure out if I should upgrade it?. Have about 135 miles on it and so far so good.

You won't currently be required to update the firmware because you updated the app. This is always subject t change. You currently don't need to give DJI your CC# when approaching a restricted area... you just won't be able to fly there. GEO is good for the flier in that it can _open_ flights in those areas.

tcope, however since i am on the older app and firmware i believe i can currently fly around the restricted areas. If I upgrade and want to fly in those areas then I will be required to give them a credit card right?.

ferraript, I was thinking of upgrading since I assumed the new software might have more features?.

as far as I know, the only new important features are the intelligent fly modes

with upgrade, you risk that you'll get some new bugs too, for example "No signal" messages with no live view (then only restarting the application helps, in worst case you have to restart the phone)

but in the end, it's up to you

So is it the app or the firmware that controls the restricted area flight?

You won't currently be required to update the firmware because you updated the app. This is always subject t change. You currently don't need to give DJI your CC# when approaching a restricted area... you just won't be able to fly there. GEO is good for the flier in that it can _open_ flights in those areas.
You can give them your mobile phone #. Either way you only have to do it once.

So is it the app or the firmware that controls the restricted area flight?
Yes.

It is a combination of both. The exact details are, of course, not for our untrained and unwashed beings.

skipilot1, if you give them your # you will be able to fly in the restricted areas?. Do you have to give them advance notice you are flying in that area?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav