DJI GO update question

Reaction score
I have a PS3P and its on AC ver 1.96 and RC 1.6. My DJI go is at ver 3.0. Any reason if I should update the DJI go app? Not sure it will create any issues with the AC and RC versions I have that I will not update due to it all works fine now. Not sure the newest DJI Go will offer me anything I don't already have. And, I don't want any issues.

Thanks gang

Some say it went fine, others now have an $800 paperweight. Personally, I am now against updating. It has all the functions I like, and flies well. There always is the chance DJI would introduce new restrictions and that wont be acceptable in my eyes.

Some say it went fine, others now have an $800 paperweight. Personally, I am now against updating. It has all the functions I like, and flies well. There always is the chance DJI would introduce new restrictions and that wont be acceptable in my eyes.

Kind of what I was thinking..I'm a if it aint broke don't fix it attitude.

I wonder if I can update to the newest litchi? Still have an older version of that as well as autopilot

I use: 3C System Tuner Pro - Android Apps on Google Play to back up the app. If you don't like the update you can just revert back. Current Litchi seems to be fine. It's the DJI garbage that concerns me. I root/firewall and run DJI go 2.9.1 with no update demands. Litchi has always been good (so far)...

Guys is talking about GO ..... not the FW.

GO does not brick anything AND is easily uninstalled and older version installed.

Nigel

I realize that. Fully aware of the subject. However, I was stating that updating AT ALL is now against my religion. Others can have at it all they want. BTW, updating the firmware can, and has bricked some units. App software will never do that, but glitches in it can make your drone a unusable brick. Never mind any restrictions it could place on the user.

I realize that. Fully aware of the subject. However, I was stating that updating AT ALL is now against my religion. Others can have at it all they want. BTW, updating the firmware can, and has bricked some units. App software will never do that, but glitches in it can make your drone a unusable brick. Never mind any restrictions it could place on the user.
Presume you mean as far as your DJI product is concerned?

My P3P was bricked by FW ..... my P3S was bricked by going for a swim in the river .....

Both have no relevance to the OP's question about Go App and updating.

I have tested so many versions of Go and FW - that I can only refer back to my earlier days on this and other forums about DJI products. Never has Go produced an unworkable system. It may have had some glitches and lag - but they all work.

The biggest killer when it comes to Go and Litchi - is not the app or the FW - but the tablet / phone that is used !

Nigel

Presume you mean as far as your DJI product is concerned?
As far as my dji products go. Drone, goggles. Tablet operating system is modified by me and not subject to DJI demands.

I use: 3C System Tuner Pro - Android Apps on Google Play to back up the app. If you don't like the update you can just revert back. Current Litchi seems to be fine. It's the DJI garbage that concerns me. I root/firewall and run DJI go 2.9.1 with no update demands. Litchi has always been good (so far)...

Go and Litchi do not need any utility to downgrade version. You simply uninstall ... clean your machine of any bits left over - CCleaner is good choice .... then install the version you want (Phantomhelp.com has all the versions you could ever want of GO).

Nigel

(I smell circular discussion).

Reactions: Numone
Round and round ??

Just pointed out an error ... OP now has his answer based on the ACTUAL question he posed.

Nigel

Good for you. Luckily you came in...

:)

I backed up my Ipad Pro so I could have the older Go app. Still did not update however. Just can't seem to bring myself to do it...LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers