DJI Go on multiple devices

Reaction score
So I tried to connect my Samsung tablet to the remote control from my backup P3P and it's not recognising it, had anybody successfully used one device on more than one controller?

It should work just fine. One of my devices is hooked up to 4 Phantoms, 2 Inspires, and an Osmo.

Hmm on thanks, luckily I haven't sent out my first remote for warranty repair on the rth button yet so hopefully can figure it out before I do.

So I tried to connect my Samsung tablet to the remote control from my backup P3P and it's not recognising it, had anybody successfully used one device on more than one controller?

yep

shield with p3p and p3s now,
also tested with p3a

not a problem

I have, yes. Used my Samsung S5 on both my P3A and my P3P. Also used my nVidia Shield on both birds as well. Go, Litchi and Vertical Studio all fine with it.

Ok so I've determined how to manually connect the remote to the P3 (via the C1, C2 + record button) and I have them connected, can power up the bird with the remote, gimbal reacts to movement, etc. yet I cannot get this particular remote connected to any of my devices - all of which have been previously connected with no issues to my other P3 Pro. I've uninstalled and re-installed DJI Go app, tried different usb cable (even though the stock one works fine on the other remote) even have connected the first remote controller to the second bird just to make sure no issues on that end. When I plug the remote in to the tablet or phone, I show it as charging, but goes no further than that.

Ideas?

Did you try installing the latest firmware on your remote controller?

I'm pretty sure it has, but I can't confirm without actually connecting the Go app to it. I had the latest firmware (1.6) on the sdcard from P3 #1 and booted #2 up with that, it updated the bird last night and got the all clear lights after about half an hour. This morning I've gotten the remote #2 connected to P3 #2 with the manual method, and have green light on the remote plus I can control the Phantom with it even though I have no device connectivity.
What's the last firmware that contained a remote controller firmware update? If it's other than 1.6, can I put that on a USB stick and plug it in to the controller to update manually? Or can I delete the 1.6 bin from the sdcard, put the version with the remote update on it and boot the P3 up while connecting the micro usb on the camera to the remote, as long as I'm not downgrading below 1.4?

So I went ahead of tried putting 1.6 on a USB and plugged that in to the remote; nothing appeared to happen when I powered up so I left it for a few minutes and then popped it out, ended up with this message in the resulting text file:

==========2016.03.05 08:10:51==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/P3X_FW_V01.06.0040.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

So I guess the firmware on the remote is up to date - it appears to me that the controller (brand-new) is pooched and simply refuses to connect. Possible to swap the usb board out for a known working one?

Edit: I've since tried reconnecting and the time tried the Litchi app, it actually appears to detect the aircraft intermittently, will flip back and forth between connecting and disconnecting. At no time does the Go app even see my device.

Last edited:
So I went ahead of tried putting 1.6 on a USB and plugged that in to the remote
You can only install up to 1.3.2 via USB. After that point, all updates must be installed from the DJI GO app.

You can find your RC version in the "About" section of the DJI GO app. If it shows 1.5.7, then you already have the current version installed.

Can't connect the app to the remote, in order to install any firmware. Go app has previously connected and continues to connect to my other remote, so it's going to report the firmware from that, I'm sure.

The DJI GO app can only report the firmware version of the connected remote controller. If you see a version listed, then it's from the remote controller you have connected to your mobile device.

Hmm makes sense but as mentioned this second remote (a GL300A) is not at all detected by the Go app, insofar as the device detects when it's connected (dings, starts to charge) but no notification from the Android OS along which app to open; if I open Go and switch to Phantom 3 all I get is the 'How to connect' button. If I immediately connect the same device to my first remote (a GL300B ) I immediately get a notification asking what app to run, Go opens with no issue and it immediately connects to that specific aircraft the second remote is tethered to. So the Go app is always detecting the GL300B but never detecting the GL300A and so I think the app will only report the status of the GL300B. Anyway, thanks for feedback - appreciated and if you have any other ideas let me know! I'm thinking I'll likely have to try to get DJI to RMA under warranty - not sure how likely this will be as this was a warranty replacement to another party whom I've purchased from second-hand.
Bad timing as I needed to send the GL300B in for warranty on the RTH button and needed to get this second bird and remote available for upcoming jobs; looks like I'll need to get this one fixed first so I'll still have a remote and aircraft available.

Try installing 1.3.2 on your remote controller via USB drive. Make sure you delete everything on your USB drive before dropping the 1.3.2 BIN in the root.

Yep that's exactly what I did, worked like a charm, connected up right away after updating to 1.3.2 then updating to 1.5 via the app :). Thanks very much for the help, much appreciated!

Good to hear! No problem :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.