DJI Go - New version for Android out

Reaction score
v2.3.0

Size has been increased by 100%
New version is 96 Mb, version 2.2.0 was "only" 48Mb

The DJI GO app is designed specifically for the DJI Inspire 1, Phantom 3 or Matrice 100 and includes:
1. Live HD View and On Screen Flight Parameters
2. Remote Photo and Video Capture with Full Gimbal Control and Manual Camera Settings Controls
3. Real-time Flight Record
4. Comprehensive Media Library
5.“Director” Automatic Video Editor
6. Instant Photo and Video Sharing
7. Connecting Creativity with SkyPixel
8. YouTube Live Streaming Compatibility
9. Flight Settings Customization and Dynamic Map View
10. Help Documentation and Video Tutorials

Downloaded but not tested.

Updates

Attachments

• 1443454317142.jpg
    1443454317142.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 674
Cant't see anything new in Camera View.
I'll guess the new things are in the director mode, which don't use.
11 more video-filters and user level medals.

and as usual, the don't say anything about the bug fixes.

It seems curiously lacking in joined up policy when it pops up on google play but their own download site still only has the version from the 7th September.
Still no users manual on DJI site for Sept. 7th update which added many new features. Everyone had to learn them by trial and error. Hard to tell anyone to RTFM when there isn't one.

Still no users manual on DJI site for Sept. 7th update which added many new features. Everyone had to learn them by trial and error. Hard to tell anyone to RTFM when there isn't one.

Bit peeved at this as the US customer support manager specifically said it would be out at same time as firmware/software.
Why is this so difficult for them ?

Bit peeved at this as the US customer support manager specifically said it would be out at same time as firmware/software.
Why is this so difficult for them ?

There is a reason why some updates appear in the playstore or itunes. Because it has never been documented this way, it's my opinion that these versions are not final releases. I refer to them as a "public beta" version. They will use the feedback area as a means for fixing common bugs from different devices.

Also, there would be a lot more updates on a much quicker pace if it were not for the apple approval process. And it is really messed up when a holiday is involved in the process.

Btw, based on a developer email I got this morning, it looks like app version 2.4.0 is scheduled for release around the end of October. I can see there will be a R/C firmware update involved in that update. It appears they are implementing a new encryption protocol. I suppose you can look at what the main agenda might be for doing this. But the process will be put in place to read the aircraft's Serial Number, and the aircraft's Identification.

Some of us may or may not know, everything that goes on with the aircraft goes through the R/C, into the device being used and then online to one of at least 4 or more databases.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik