Dji go location map not working

Reaction score
For the last two flights, my small location map is not working. It is not showing where I am. It does not have any of the street names. And there's no line that points back home. It is basically just a gray screen with the drone arrow in the middle.... I tried to open it, but I just got a bigger gray map....

I am using a Samsung S7 and always have Internet connection...

it's a problem with version 3.1.2, your not alone .
Does the Litchi app have the same issue? I have the Litchi app and really need the map... I flew the wrong way several times because I got used to using the map for direction...

So I had the same problem, then I ran DJI-Go without either the controller or craft but connected to home wifi and I now have maps - is there a tutorial on how to cache the maps, seems like it read a map range I have in google maps. There is no "cache map" setting anymore in General settings. however I had the "mainland China" turned on so it has English and Chinese, how do I delete the cached map and reload?

Last edited:
IMG_0959.PNG

The "Cache map in the Background" button now says "calibrate Map Coordinates (for China Mainland) in the newest version for Android

I am having the same problem here. I use the ipad mini 4 and I deleted the app and then reinstall it and it works just fine BUT when I close it the map doesn't work again. Any help?

I turn on wifi hot spot on phone at location I'm flying. Maps pop right up.

What I have had to do is open dji-go while connected to home wifi click on the map then go to place on map where i plan to fly. then scan around flight area and a little beyond. It cache map, well at least until you turn off tab. it seems to be like litche is turn off tab and it looses map cache

I cache maps at home in Litchi, just scroll around, in & out & the map area of your waypoint mission caches automaticly, this is in Litchi waypoints, still using google maps, here maps are a joke!
Again, this is with Litchi(Nividia shield mashmellow) no lags, no stutter, just perfect picture.
I have not updated firmware for 3 months & from sounds of it, I will not be upgrading anytime soon.
I have to use Here maps on my Mavic pro, not much info on here maps, but, at least I can tell my direction to home point!

Reactions: HiramFPV
I cache maps at home in Litchi, just scroll around, in & out & the map area of your waypoint mission caches automaticly, this is in Litchi waypoints, still using google maps, here maps are a joke!
Again, this is with Litchi(Nividia shield mashmellow) no lags, no stutter, just perfect picture.
I have not updated firmware for 3 months & from sounds of it, I will not be upgrading anytime soon.
I have to use Here maps on my Mavic pro, not much info on here maps, but, at least I can tell my direction to home point!
DJI Go has gone back to Google maps

Same App/FW versions as myself for my P3S using my Samsung S6, however, I still have Here maps.
I'm not sure why m map is different.
My friend said to try loading from data and not from wifi.
I load from wifi though. no data on the tab I use.
I think there is something in the script going on because sometimes after I turn the tab off, At first turn on djigo app has "here" maps. But after turning off the app but not the tab. I reload the map from wifi it changes back to google maps. Then I just put tab to sleep mode and google maps stays put. I jus have to make sure I keep it charged.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20