DJI Go + Litchi, simple clarification of GPS functions?

Reaction score
I will be flying a P3P. The software websites don't seem to clearly explain and maybe I have just missed the info in the masses of threads on this but there's lots of talk about specifics when all I need is a simple overview answer.

Which functions in DJI Go and Litchi need a 'GPS' enabled tablet/iPad and which ones do not (so wifi enabled only tablet/iPad)?

Please... Just simply add a 'GPS' or 'NOT GPS' to the following list (cut and paste it) and add any functions I may have overlooked.

Your greater knowledge will be very appreciated... MANY THANKS

Note: I will be flying a P3P.

DJI GO
HD View -
Auto take off / land -
RTH -
Course lock -
Home lock -
POI -
Follow me -
Waypoints -
Auto flight logs -

LITCHI
FPV -
Tracking -
Orbit -
Follow -
Focus -
Waypoints -
VR -
Panorama -

In both apps, the only function that requires a GPS enabled tablet is "Follow". All the others rely on the on-aircraft GPS and compass.

Please... Just simply add a 'GPS' or 'NOT GPS' to the following list (cut and paste it) and add any functions I may have overlooked.
The function you left out that does require a GPS receiver in the tablet is:
Reset home point to the current location of the controller (used if you fly from a moving boat or car etc)

Just a heads up

LITCHI
FPV - works fine
Tracking - works sort of ok, just watch where the quad is relative to obstacles such as trees
Orbit - works fine
Follow - A little bit crap , you really need a good quality tablet with a decent GPS chip in it
Focus - Never got this to work
Waypoints - one of the best parts of Litchi
VR - Makes you dizzy if your not used to it, have someone with you just in case you fall over
Panorama - Many have had issues with it, not me personally, but some have.

You can see the results of testing some of the modes here, this was for Android, tests on IOS are as yet not done

Huge thanks to you all that have responded.

So would I be able to tether an iPad to an iPhone to use GPS required functions?

I'm thinking of buying the new 9.7" iPad. What are your thoughts and advice?

So would I be able to tether an iPad to an iPhone to use GPS required functions?
Tethering a wifi only iPad does not transmit GPS data for Follow Me to function. You may consider an add on Bluetooth GPS device if you are set on getting a wifi only iPad but still want to use the features that require GPS at the RC location.

Click here for more info on what to expect with different iPads / situations.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj