DJI GO does not detect my P3P

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a P1 to a P3P. I charged my controller and battery and the RC and P3P successfully bind and I can startup the motors.

I am running into a problem when I try to use DJI GO on my Samsung S6 Edge. GO does not detect my P3P so I'm stuck on the Connect your Aircraft page (i.e., I can figure out how to get to the Camera view page). I followed the directions in the How to Connect page and also watched the how to link your Phantom 3 video and nothing works. My P3P has been successfully upgraded to 1.3.20 firmware.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

First thought for me is do you have your phone connected to the RC? Sorry, I know it's very basic but I have read on the forum a few times that folks have forgotten.

Actually, I just figured out what was wrong. The controller firmware did not match the aircraft. I updated the controller to 1.3.20 and then everything worked. :)

Actually, I just figured out what was wrong. The controller firmware did not match the aircraft. I updated the controller to 1.3.20 and then everything worked. :)
There you go--:) I forgot to plug in the cable the first time:D:D:D:D happens to most of us at one time or another. Cheers!

How did you update your controller firmware with no assistant software? I'm having the same issue with my P3 Standard. It will detect controller, but not connect to aircraft via the DJI Go app.

How did you update your controller firmware with no assistant software? I'm having the same issue with my P3 Standard. It will detect controller, but not connect to aircraft via the DJI Go app.
You can put the firmware on a usb drive and update it that way-- with IOS the GO App will automatically update it to 1.3.2. and a 1.3.2 firmware on the controller will not maintain a connection to the aircraft with the aircraft also being updated.

Thank you. I'm using an Android Samsung Galaxy S5.

I'm not following you completely. Are you saying that the firmware on the controller should not prevent the aircraft from connecting?

Here's what's happening step by step:

I turn on the controller. I turn on the aircraft. I connect the device to the aircraft wifi. It says the wifi is connected.

I open the GO App. It says upgrade firmware. I tap upgrade and it says your aircraft is not connected.

The scrolling message in the GO App says, Controller is connected, please connect aircraft.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I did not have a micro SD to USB adapter so I used the other technique suggested by DJI. Leave the SD card in the gimbal and plug one end of your USB cable to the USB port on the other side of the gimbal and the other end of the USB cable to the controller. Note: the firmware must be on the micro SD card. The controller will sense that firmware and start to automatically update. The whole process took ~5 mins.

Hi. How to view the firmware version on RC and on the aircraft???

In my situation, I pulled the SD card from the gimbal and loaded it into my Galaxy Tab S. It did not have a firmware file on it so I downloaded 1.3.20 from the DJI site, saved it to he root directory and then re-inserted the SD card into the gimbal. This caused the aircraft to auto-update the firmware to 1.3.20. As for the RC, I could not find a way to see the firmware revision. I took a leap of faith that the RC was not 1.3.20 and that this was the cause of my problem. Once i updated the RC firmware as noted above then linking GO to my P3P worked as advertised.

Today, I turn on the RC and aircraft and I got a message to upgrade the firmware. I hit the upgrade button on DJI GO app, but after that I got message "upgrade failed"... and light blue (white!) appears on the RC LED signal. After that, I tray to upgrade aircraft with SD cards, but after 20 min. signal LED on gimbal (before red-green) turning off. I let the aircraft turn on (there are a sound from the gimbal - like reading the SD card, but after about 10 min. nothing change. I turn off the aircraft.
So, now, when I turn on the RC and aircraft, DJI GO app message is "aircraft is not connected"!!!
Before few min. I install 1.3.20 firmware on aircraft.
After that, I turn on the RC, go to "enter camera", status... its a message to upgrade the firmware. After downloading, hit "upgrade" ... and message "upgrade failed... current ver. 1.3.20... download ver. 1.3.20".
I turn on the aircraft, BUT still no connection between RC and aircraft.
On RC LED light blue still.
20150820_170153[1].jpg
20150820_170138[1].jpg

?????????

For Pro w/ Android viewer:
Controller must be 1.3.20, Aircraft must be v1.4.0010, DJ GO app Android Version v2.1.0.
I personally updated all separately with the same microSD card, clearing the log/bin file after each one. ..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj