DJI Go App work with iPod Touch?

Reaction score
The specs for the Phantom 3 Standard say that the DJI Go App requires iOS and then it lists compatibility with a bunch of iPhone and iPad devices. Does anyone know if the DJI Go app works on an iPod Touch (version 8.4.1)?

You need an Apple device that has at least an A7 processor. iPod Touches use a different type of processor. So, no, it will not meet the requirements for the DJI GO app.

You need an Apple device that has at least an A7 processor. iPod Touches use a different type of processor. So, no, it will not meet the requirements for the DJI GO app.

The new iPod Touch has an A8 processor...

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm trying to avoid having to buy a new device if I buy a new quadcopter. **** expensive hobby, especially when your Phantom RsTH and flies into a tree!

Get a tablet whenever possible. I was using my 6plus and I just got the iPad mini 2 and there is more data. Like my phone I only got the mini map. Tablet I get mini map and the sonar arrow. As well as more screen space. Wish I had done it earlier.

Ayrtonginster, which iPod Touch did you try?

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm trying to avoid having to buy a new device if I buy a new quadcopter. **** expensive hobby, especially when your Phantom RsTH and flies into a tree!
Why would you have your RTH set at a height below near collision obstacles? When return to home is activated, it climbs to a safe 'preset' (by you) elevation, then fly's to the recent recorded home point and lands, if you don't take back control. Or have changed the home point, to your present transmitter location. Options with these brilliant things are incredibly useful.

Does an iPod have GPS or even a compass, perhaps apps?

I look forward to see what new developments or features are included in next generations of Phantoms and Apple products as well. ;-)
I'd like an iPad Air 3, please.

RedHotPoker

Why would you have your RTH set at a height below near collision obstacles? When return to home is activated, it climbs to a safe 'preset' (by you) elevation, then fly's to the recent recorded home point and lands, if you don't take back control. Or have changed the home point, to your present transmitter location. Options with these brilliant things are incredibly useful.

Does an iPod have GPS or even a compass, perhaps apps?

I look forward to see what new developments or features are included in next generations of Phantoms and Apple products as well. ;-)
I'd like an iPad Air 3, please.

RedHotPoker

I can't tell just by looking at a tree how high it is. I don't have laser rangefinders built into my eyeballs.

I can't tell just by looking at a tree how high it is. I don't have laser rangefinders built into my eyeballs.
Yeah, but if you are near those type of obstacles, then you would naturally set the RTH to be WELL above the height that those trees might be. Right? Doesn't that make sense.

Unless they are Sequoias, they likely are not above 100 feet tall. So if you set it to a comfortable level above that, you would be safer, no? Even without "laser rangerfinders built into your eyeballs".

Just common sense is needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers