P3 Firmware Dji go app now incompatible with the samsung S7 Edge

Reaction score
So pretty annoyed right now since dji updated there app its has now made it useless for the s7 edge as i have now found out. After a very useless phone to dji asking me to downgrade software on my phone which i didnt think was possible, has now made my phantom 4 as a photography tool useless as cannot see any info and literally flying blind. Even though on website it says its a compatible device. The issue is with this now as soon as connects to drone it causes the s7 to restart all the time and have been told there will be no fix soon. So if u have the above device u will def now find it wont work. Sorry for rant guys but thought its best to let you all know whats happening

None of my Samsungs work well with DJI Go. Pretty much a useless brand for me, and their batteries don't seem to last well either (Hey, they tried to improve the capacity with the S7 Note but look what happened!).

The Apple iPad Air 2 + Cellular that I bought to replace them both battery life is far ahead of the Samsungs which leads me to think too much stuff is running in the background of the Samsungs for something like DJI Go to run well. Samsung needs to strip down their OS a lot and stop unnecessary stuff from running 24/7 - and the carriers too with their additional stuff.

Okay, Samsung needs to improve their USB to stream video better too. Apple did it with their Lightning connection, verses Samsung's slow-poke USB.

Okay, Samsung needs to improve their USB to stream video better too. Apple did it with their Lightning connection, verses Samsung's slow-poke USB
USB 2.0 maxes at 60MB/s, real world closer to half that. At that rate the bird could be sending a 4k video stream back to you and the USB still wouldnt be the bottleneck. iow, the cable has nothing to do with it.

USB 2.0 maxes at 60MB/s, real world closer to half that. At that rate the bird could be sending a 4k video stream back to you and the USB still wouldnt be the bottleneck. iow, the cable has nothing to do with it.

True, but the hardware inside the Apple was designed for streaming video as was their Lightning cable. The Samsung gets bogged down in streaming speed with all the junk it runs in the background. If USB-C was involved then maybe along with a lot better- make that cleaner- running operating system then maybe, but not with USB-mini and their sloppy OS as it is. You want to run an app that requires a lot of processing like DJI Go and video streaming, then good luck with Samsung. If they'd stop allowing every app maker full control of sundry resources it might not slow their products down. But now we get Samsung Pay pop-ups, some other Samsung app installed today too doing what?, Facebook that cannot be uninstalled in the S6, etc.

The Samsung is just packed with a lot bloatware and the bottlenecks in speed are likely buried there. If they'd clean up their OS, quit allowing any app to run within it 24/7 without a Forced close (as well as a re-starting later on of it too), it might work better for streaming. But if they continue to pack it with too much superfluous junk running, then speeds out of it are going to be dismal compared to the Apple iOS that runs with far less bloat as demonstrated by their better battery life too. I was not a fan of Apple, but I can see why they can run far more efficiently with even a lower processor speed since they do not allow for bloat like Windows/Android where both of those OS's run slower over time due to bloat building up. Sort of like when a new install of Windows runs quickly and smoothly, and then in a year or two it gets slower.

My Samsung tablet, a year old, now will take about 5 seconds to press on an icon to do something once left on for an hour or two. Seriously, I could crash a drone in the time it takes to respond now. If I restart it, its instant so the bloat internally is building up over time left on and slowing the device down. Streaming speeds degrading goes with it too.

So pretty annoyed right now since dji updated there app its has now made it useless for the s7 edge as i have now found out. After a very useless phone to dji asking me to downgrade software on my phone which i didnt think was possible, has now made my phantom 4 as a photography tool useless as cannot see any info and literally flying blind. Even though on website it says its a compatible device. The issue is with this now as soon as connects to drone it causes the s7 to restart all the time and have been told there will be no fix soon. So if u have the above device u will def now find it wont work. Sorry for rant guys but thought its best to let you all know whats happening

Newest DJI software here. Also a s7. No problems here. Version 2.9.1. Need a new camera that's why no signal.
dcfaf3899cac80e950cfc60d592ba0f9.jpg

With the p4 same phone:
a34d39709857878e8836db4e92b534bd.jpg

d84664c4ee093d4f58d8b04ebfda728b.jpg

Did you try to reinstall the DJI app? Sometimes it will help.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Newest DJI software here. Also a s7. No problems here. Version 2.9.1. Need a new camera that's why no signal.
dcfaf3899cac80e950cfc60d592ba0f9.jpg

With the p4 same phone:
a34d39709857878e8836db4e92b534bd.jpg

d84664c4ee093d4f58d8b04ebfda728b.jpg

Did you try to reinstall the DJI app? Sometimes it will help.

Yeah tried that however its ok sitting connected however as soon as i goto take off manually and start to use controller phone restarts itself dji said there aware of it and have now taken the s7 off the compatibility list on there site gunna try litchi as spent 14 quid on that to see how that goes hear alot of ppl raving about it.

DJIs biggest disaster i think, becoming reliant on apps on so many different platforms, op systems and aircraft to the point where you cant fly it anymore or it bricks your Phantom etc, its a nightmare reading some of these threads and basically what put me off buying one that relies on an app.

Actually I'm pretty sure it was the latest samsung update that causes this issue. I have an S7 edge and I have the same problem but there are people saying their working fine as they haven't updated yet.

My S6 Edge used to work with DJI Go, although poorly with the red and green video lines and lagging. Sometime later it started the reboot thing when plugged into the RC unit. I gave up on it at that point and went to Apple. Could be some update from Samsung as I think there was one major one after Marshmallow 6 where I had to do a big download and had to reboot the phone where the reboot mess began. I think there was some security patch around early part of August when the reboot thing started.

Aside, last night I plugged the S6 Edge into my Windows 10 laptop to get some images off of it. While plugged in, I opened Device Manager and saw it in there in a couple of places. One was under the USB part. I right clicked and tried the Update Drivers and it went out on the web and downloaded something for the Samsung USB part. I'd guess it was just for the Windows notebook, but it was odd as I've plugged it in before but this time there was an update. There was another listing of the S6 Edge in Device Manager somewhere else and it too had some driver update. Odd.

I just tried it. Seemed ok then restart. Tried again. Restart. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It didnt happen right away. Had i not known it could have caused a flyaway perhaps?!

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am having issues with my Samsung S7 Edge with Marshmallow 6.0.1.as well. But the DJI app will not register the RC, I do not have the option for camera view. I have literally read everything online and watched every YouTube video for the last 7 hours. Uninstalling and reinstalling everything I can clearing my cache but no luck. I went into developer options and manually changed USB configuration to "MIDI" but it doesn't seem to be registering it, is only charging.

Come together in times of tech frustration! Any help would be appreciated thanks fellas.

Some are reporting what they call a boot loop in the XDA forums when plugging the S7 into a game box (PS4 or Xbox.). Something is buggy somewhere and seems it is Samsung if other hardware items are not working with the phone.

Controllers not being recognized?

I just tried it. Seemed ok then restart. Tried again. Restart. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It didnt happen right away. Had i not known it could have caused a flyaway perhaps?!

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app
No flyaway would have occurred, I flew mine a few times with this rebooting problem.. When it would start rebooting cycle I just hit rth and when it was close enough for me to see I just flew it in for landing manually no screen..

Yeah tried that however its ok sitting connected however as soon as i goto take off manually and start to use controller phone restarts itself dji said there aware of it and have now taken the s7 off the compatibility list on there site gunna try litchi as spent 14 quid on that to see how that goes hear alot of ppl raving about it.

OK specially test if that's the case with me to. Normally I use the iPad mini but now tried to fly with the s7. No problems here. Works fine. Try to give your phone a hard reset. If litchi also crashes than its really the phone. But that's what I think.

Actually I'm pretty sure it was the latest samsung update that causes this issue. I have an S7 edge and I have the same problem but there are people saying their working fine as they haven't updated yet.

e0cc52f301aedeeed054c6306c67902d.jpg

No problems here. I'm in the Netherlands so I have Dutch software maybe it's behind with the English software. What version you're on?

Samsung and Google have been pushing out a lot of updates lately, and they do not say what they are for.

For fun, I uninstalled the DJI Go in my S6 Edge and reinstalled it. It shows the Inspire 1 as the camera much like when newly installed. Odd part was it also popped up some "Do you always want to connect this way?" box. Before, or last month before I gave up on it and bought the ipad, it would reboot whenever I plugged in the USB cable to the RC unit.

Tonight the silly thing works with DJI Go 2.9.1 at least in the Simulator mode. No reboots of the phone with the USB cable so something has changed someplace. Acts like it should, but I will say the phone itself got very hot after 20 minutes of playing with the simulator and battery in the drone dropping to 80%. Must take a lot of processing power for it to get as warm as it did. Haven't tried it active on the P4 yet, but at least it did not reboot the phone which is positive.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20