DJI Go app not connecting

Reaction score
Hi,

I've searched for the problem that I'm having and I've tried some of the fixes described and nothing has worked for me yet. The problem...

I haven't flown for about 10 months and decided today to get my bird out for a spin. I updated the firmware to the latest version with no issues, and also all of my spare batteries. I can't get the RC to take an update though. I've used a USB stick, a MicroSD in a card reader, and a direct connection to the USB port on the gimbal. Therefore, I'm certain that the firmware version on my RC is about a year older that the one on the craft.

Additionally, I can't get the RC to connect to the DJI GO app. I've tried the 'clear cache, delete app, iTunes backup, restore' routine, but that hasn't changed anything. I just get the front page on the app that says 'How to Connect' and doesn't give me an option to go to the camera view.

I suspect that the firmware mismatch is at the root of my problem, but I don't know how to a) check which version I have on the RC without the app, or b) get the firmware to update.

Any ideas?

Reactions: znqfly
Try installing firmware 1.1.9 on your remote controller via the USB port by following these instructions. If the install fails, check the last message in the TXT log on your memory card. It should indicate if the firmware is older than what is already installed, etc. If the install succeeds, then install the latest version of the firmware from DJI GO.

I would of had to have been imprisoned behind 16' barbed wire fences, to keep me from my drones for 10 long months. Haha
So much of your Phantom 3 Go app and firmware has changed in that time period...
Not to mention autonomous flight possibilities...

Welcome back... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: flpholt
Try installing firmware 1.1.9 on your remote controller via the USB port by following these instructions. If the install fails, check the last message in the TXT log on your memory card. It should indicate if the firmware is older than what is already installed, etc. If the install succeeds, then install the latest version of the firmware from DJI GO.

Thanks msinger. I've just tried 1.1.9 but the problem is that the upgrade process doesn't even start, so there is no txt file created. Is there a way to do a hard reset of the RC?

I think the issue may be a fault with the USB port on the controller. I tried a USB stick that lights up when it's connected and it didn't light up - so i suspect that the the port is damaged in some way. Does anyone know if there is a way to replace the ports, or do I need to buy a new controller? If it's the latter, I might as well buy a new drone!

I don't update so I'm sorry if my info seems dated but before 1.3.2 the rc updates were done thru the usb_- but afterwards the rc needed to be updated to at least 1.3.2 thru the usb and from then on it's simply updated thru wifi by following the instructions on screen. Turn on the rc and tablet with wifi or 4G, etc... internet turned on, go to "..."/ about screen at the bottom of the go-app and hit update and wait until finished. I think that it changed to wifi for the rc around October of last year. Be sure that the tablet and rc are charged and ready to stay on until it has finished updating.
edit - so you may need to drop the 1.3.2 .bin file on to the rc first before trying to let it update the rest of the way on its own. Hope this helps :)

All, I've just solved this problem and tomorrow I'll be back in the air! It was a fault with the USB socket. I installed the HDMI upgrade board and it's now working fine. Thanks for your help all.

Reactions: Reed L
Im having an issue that the my iPhone won't connect to my P4 to update the firmware. The app just says that aircraft is not connected. Any help? Im running iOS10 don't know if thats the issue

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik