DJI GO app looks differen today...

Reaction score
Yesterday GO app looked normal, today all looked different, top bar menus are in a different lineup...When did DJI pushed the new one to us?

Did you install 2.7.2? It looks different than 2.7.1.

This app was released on Apr 13.

Not by intention...When all was turned off yesterday the app looked "normal", today when powered on the drone and RC/tablet it looked weird...Deleted and reinstalled the app just to make sure.
I kind of like it.

It's new interface and a neat one.

Yeah, I flew with it yesterday. The menu layout is the same, but there seems to've been changes to the intelligent flight menu? Nice though...

Has anyone noticed where the battery life percentage went? I can't seem to find it.. btw, I flew one full charged battery just to drain my battery with the new app upgrade and didn't notice any issues. it performs well. RC/ AC & DJI Go App.

Has anyone noticed where the battery life percentage went? I can't seem to find it.. btw, I flew one full charged battery just to drain my battery with the new app upgrade and didn't notice any issues. it performs well. RC/ AC & DJI Go App.
Seems Battery Life has been removed...
That was a decision done in poor judgment.

RedHotPoker

Seems Battery Life has been removed...
That was a decision done in poor judgment.

RedHotPoker
I agree... I think they just want to get away from liability issues. If the smart battery saying a 100% life then had a problem, they are forced to replace it.

Between the confusion and possible inaccuracy of battery life, I'm guessing that's why they removed it. It certainly never said hey, your battery is so old it's gonna fail you on your next flight. Unless something goes oddly wrong with a battery, pilots can typically see and sense an aged battery loses power quicker, making for increasingly shorter flights and that battery is suspect. But I think the biggest reason they ditched it was a false sense of security from an inaccurate reading.

Reactions: fidelaga
I agree... I think they just want to get away from liability issues. If the smart battery saying a 100% life then had a problem, they are forced to replace it.

The dji battery has the ability to function way beyond what it does now, and it use to until they had the engineers begin jacking with the software. I strongly feel they saw where the battery has the ability to last 350+ flights. They have since manipulated the software in a way so that the life of these batteries expire at a much quicker rate. My theory is each battery cell use to function jointly, and now are programmed in being more independent from each other. I most cases we see either the 1st or last cell on the batteries as having the most problems.

Reactions: dirtybum
I like the new pilot skill level rating up in the top left corner!
Mine was higher than all my buddies though, it was through the roof!
My power level is over 9000!

I like the new pilot skill level rating up in the top left corner!
Mine was higher than all my buddies though, it was through the roof!
My power level is over 9000!
How is the rating calculated? I avoid syncing my flight data.

Reactions: SteveAikens
I'm not sure, some kind a dragon ball ratings, they got a way of doing it it's like it's from a whole other world! I like it though and I'm happy with that number[emoji41]

Remaining power is under the battery menu? Can't remember if it's shown as a percentage though?
We are talking about Battery Life, not remaining voltage percentage. Battery longevity, over months of steady of use...
These are Two very different things. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I also noticed that the status menu once everything are turn on was gone. Used to tell status, Aircraft battery, RC battery, compass and other very important things. I haven't really browse everything yet and may have just been moved somewhere..

I also noticed that the status menu once everything are turn on was gone. Used to tell status, Aircraft battery, RC battery, compass and other very important things. I haven't really browse everything yet and may have just been moved somewhere..
Tap in the green, top of your main page in the Go app. Where it says Safe To Fly (GPS)
And you can still see all those Aircraft Status parameters values.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: fidelaga

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic