DJI Go App Editor doesn't work on the P4P+ Controller!

Reaction score
I just tried to edit a video on the P4P+ controller and it didn't go well.

The playback of the video was super choppy the whole time and when I went to export the video it would freeze at 100% every time. On the 3rd or 4th try it actually worked and I posted it on instagram. The video on instagram was just as choppy as the video during the editing process. Huge glitches and hangups, literally unusable for any purpose.

I tried to render it out again and every single time it has frozen at 100%.

When I would try to color correct certain clips within the editor it said the app doesn't support this video type? So the build in app to the drone doesn't support the video type the drone shoots in? DJI UWUTM8?

I am seriously blown away that the P4P with the premium controller doesn't even work. Hopefully they can patch it with some updates, as of right now I don't recommend anyone spring for the plus.

Also, I was shooting in the 4k resolution at 30 fps, h264 in MP4 and my edited video was 45 seconds long.

Has anyone had any success with it?

Last edited:
Reactions: dougsteph
I have a similar issue using a 4 year old laptop. Is there any min specs I need for a computer to handle high def video? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Meh no wouldn't even bother. Suggest to edit & do post on a computer ;)

Well it would be very useful for me at the least if it would just render out a smooth video, or a video at all. It is a very cool idea to throw together a quick video on the couch where I can still interact with my wife. The turnaround would be much quicker if I just wanted to do something for social media. My computer isn't the greatest so I need to work with proxy files which require even more time to ingest video and transcode smaller files.

I hear ya @JimHarris, my wife and I twiddle at our work and fun stuff on the couch during downtime too - I still think you're better off offloading the files and editing on a more suitable device like at least an iPad or laptop :) Happy flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20