DJI-GO app. Does it have a mission planner?

Reaction score
I've been looking at the app and do not see anyway to set pins and have the P4 fly a mission like the Phantom 2 does with the Vision app.
Am I over looking something in the GO app?
Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You cannot set up a waypoint mission from the ground in DJI GO. You must fly to each waypoint and then set the pin.

If you routinely fly missions, you might be interested in Litchi. A lot of people use it for that feature since it allows missions to be setup from the ground (like the P2).

You cannot set up a waypoint mission from the ground in DJI GO. You must fly to each waypoint and then set the pin.

If you routinely fly missions, you might be interested in Litchi. A lot of people use it for that feature since it allows missions to be setup from the ground (like the P2).
Problem with litchi is that obstacle avoidance won't work

Reactions: GFields
Beware that obstacle avoidance WILL NOT work using waypoint mission in the Litchi app. - I speak from experience.

Beware that obstacle avoidance WILL NOT work using waypoint mission in the Litchi app. - I speak from experience.

I have heard this a couple of times, but I swear my P4 has avoided tree tops twice while doing a Litchi mission. One I witnessed with my own eyes because it was right above me on its return home to its last waypoint. It was heading right towards a TALL pine tree and just as I was fixing to flip to sport mode (canceling the mission), the P4 made an ABRUPT avoidance maneuver and went around it. The second, while reviewing my mission footage on the computer, it was flying over a wooded area at 118ft and there was ONE tree in those **** woods that was around 125ft tall and the P4 was heading right for it. Cruising speed was 21mph, just as the P4 got right to it, you see the P4 make an abrupt move and go around it. I could tell it was abrupt because the props came into frame aggresively and quickly. So I dont know, mine seems to be working while on a Litchi mission??

Reactions: GFields
I am glad your experience was better than mine. Had the video file not gotten damaged during the crash, I could be of more certainty as to what actually happened. I have flown the flight plan that I had created using the mission hub a few times before manually. The flight was over the top of a historical bridge in our area. The trees are cut back from the bridge. With that said, other than perhaps a bird, the bridge is the only thing it could hit. Fortunately, it crashed onto the bridge and not into the river. I always have obstacle avoidance enabled in the DJI Go app (as I am still fairly new to this) and had doubled checked it before take-off. The flight was 12 mins in length. I suspected that I would lose signal but knew that the flight plan would still be performed. After the time had expired, I went searching for and recovered my P4 (and various broken parts) from the bridge. When I returned home I took another look at the flight plan to see what may have gone wrong. There is a point (and near where I found the drone) that the plan went over an elevated part of the bridge I wasn't aware of. And it was here that the obstacle avoidance would have and should have prevented this crash. = Since there was no evidence of feathers or blood, I can't help but to believe it hit the top of the bridge.

Interesting for sure, thanks for sharing and sorry to hear about your Phantom

gfieldsr... could it be possible your AC was yawing from one waypoint to another? That might explain why the OA did not work.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Djprow That it TOTALLY STAGGERINGLY BRILLIANT. Thank you so much for sharing it. I recently go 'Litchi', I've not used it yet. This is VERY VERY reassuring.

I'm not too sure I want to put it to a similar test though, well not quite yet. :eek::fearscream::fearscream:

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

This is incorrect. Obstacle avoidance does work during Litchi waypoint missions. It will only prove useful if the bird is flying facing forward. Perhaps in your scenario the bird was flying yawed towards the side?

Hey! Welcome back!

Is this possible that he was using some other program?

The video does seem to use OA?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Djprow That it TOTALLY STAGGERINGLY BRILLIANT. Thank you so much for sharing it. I recently go 'Litchi', I've not used it yet. This is VERY VERY reassuring.

I'm not too sure I want to put it to a similar test though, well not quite yet. :eek::fearscream::fearscream:

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

You all should listen to Dirty Bird! He's the litchi master! Go to his YouTube channel. Maybe the best litchi mission of all time! "Follow the leader"... not one mission and one bird, but TWO missions on two birds at the same time!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Suhail78
Hi The Light Speedz,
Yes I've seen just some of his work, so very good.

OK, now I've watched what you said and I'm going to take a lie down in a dark RUBBER room, Jeez that's just so good!

:):):):)

This video shows OA does work on a Litchi mission.
That is the most interesting phantom video I have ever watched. It seriously demonstrates the intelligence built into these things. think how smart will they be in another 5 years?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4