Dji go app changing to custom channels on its own

S

sandman259

I noticed when going from my go app to litchi then back again my channels would be on custom instead of auto like I had it set. I close out the app too before opening the new one. It will do this every time I go in lot litchi again, and the next time I use go app it's back in custom and I change it back to auto every time but it will always go back to custom...so weird, has anyone noticed this before?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wonder why it does that[emoji848]

I've noticed my range hasn't been as good in my neighborhood as it use to be. About the same time I down loaded litchi...hmmm I wonder if that's why cause it's been stuck on one channel this whole time. Will have to try it out tonight back in auto....

This is worth mentioning in the Google group at flylitchi.com. Litchi is supposed to mirror what you have set in the dji app in this respect, as far as I know. If litchi changes it, it's a bug worth reporting. Please do.

Reactions: MasterBlaster
I'm wondering if it's the go app though cause it's the one that changes back to custom.

Actually after testing again, when I put litchi in auto and leave the app and close it out then go back to it, it also goes to a random channel instead of auto too...so not sure which one is making this happen[emoji849]

Just took her back out today and had in in auto once again now that I know to check it after switching apps and my range is awesome again. So if your range has decreased after using both apps back and forth you might want to check to serif it's in auto....

I don't prefer auto. I don't have a problem with the dji app keeping my channel, I have a problem with litchi not keeping what I set it to no matter what channel I choose including trying to keep both apps on the same channel. Not sure what's up with that but not cool.

Litchi involvememt may be a coincidence. I have been having the manual channel set issue in GO on iOS since the last update (prior to current) and was happenimg without launching litchi...

Hmmm weird....I can only reproduce it by switching between the two apps...hopefully a fix will come soon whatever it is...

Litchi has acknowledged the bug and will fix it in the next update. What's disappointing is they plan to remove the extra channels. I asked them not to do that because some of us did the hack to be able to use them.

Did they say why they were gonna remove them?

They are removing them. Apparently what works for the dji app 32 channel hack is not supported in dji sdk for 3rd party apps, so the upper channels are essentially dead and will be removed. Just confirm what channel litchi has chosen and/or confirm if it is in fact in auto channel if that's what you prefer when opening litchi to fly each time until this is addressed.

Since I like to use the upper channel 32 in the dji app, I'll continue to use that and when litchi addresses this I'll just choose channel 20 in litchi, assuming that all works out once it's set. I've always flown on channel 20 without issue but recently did the 32 channel hack for even cleaner channels to choose from.

My Litchi always seems to default to channel 7 even though I set it to 30.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl