Dji GO App battery issues

Reaction score
Hello! Anyone noticed severe battery drain after the latest update to the dji go app? I noticed my Note 5 was almost drained earlier than usual so I took a look at the battery usage and dji app used like 18 percent. The kicker? I haven't even opened the app in over a month as my bird is out of service waiting on a new camera! You may want to check if you notice quick discharge times on your battery if you use app on your phone.

Attachments

• 1442969304129.jpg
    1442969304129.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 690
Yes I noticed it on my nexus 5, 5.1.1, like yours it drained my battery 18%, I am never opened the app

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There is a daemon process that runs in the background, which listens for a connection to your bird. This is how the app is able to open automatically when you connect your device to the controller (assuming the controller and bird are already powered on). Also, unless you manually kill the app (task manager, swipe), it will run in the background and regularly ping for a GPS location.

Its always been a huge battery drain for me, so I make a habit of force closing whenever i'm finished using it.

Even if you swipe the app closed in the app manager, it will still run in the background. I haven't opened my DJI GO app in a week and have force closed "all" apps dozens of times since and the app, within the first hour this morning being off the charger has used 18% of the 10% battery used. It's at the top of the list of apps that are using battery. Why???? It's killing my phone.

I'm having the exact same issue. The app is running in the background and drains my battery fast. At least my phone will be a nice hand warmer in my pocket when it gets cold out.

The DJI Go app use the GPS for position even when the app is in the background so yes the battery will drain faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not used the app lately, I reboot my phone all the time and my GPS isn't even on. Does that matter? Seems kinda strange. It REALLY drains my battery. You can see below.
Screenshot_2015-10-15-19-05-05.png

Last edited:
I think there is something definitely wrong. If you haven't used it and it's not running in the background it's shouldn't be draining the battery. Maybe try deleting the app. Then reinstall it but don't open it and see if the battery usage goes up again. I'm an iOS user and mine does not do that. Could be a bug in the last Android update...

Hello! Anyone noticed severe battery drain after the latest update to the dji go app? I noticed my Note 5 was almost drained earlier than usual so I took a look at the battery usage and dji app used like 18 percent. The kicker? I haven't even opened the app in over a month as my bird is out of service waiting on a new camera! You may want to check if you notice quick discharge times on your battery if you use app on your phone.
Had the same problem, I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 and it came up with a report saying a certain app was draining my battery, and when I asked which one, it came up with the DJI app.

Just go into your app manager and force the app to stop. It will remain stopped unless you open it, or perhaps reboot your phone.

I have been having the same issue with my note 5 but believe I found a way to kill it without uninstall. Go to battery usage. Click on dji go app, force stop it, then if u go down a little further you will see defaults. It should say open by default, click clear default. So far it hasn't reopened.

I use to leave my tablet on. When ever I opened go app the map was always there. Lately I have power off. (bad weather not flying) If I power on, open the go app, the map is not there.
If I power on and just leave tablet alone and later open go app. The map is there.
Could go app be updating the map if you change location?
My tablet is dedicated to the P3 and I have not taken it any where yet.

If you have it on your phone does it use data when you are away from home?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj