DJI GO App asks for compass Calibration every flight.

Reaction score
I think we can cancel this question. Seems I have interpreted the App Status screen incorrectly. It looked like the Calibration button was highlighted, meaning to me, the need to calibrate. After further research, if the Normal status was shown next to the Calibrate button, all is OK. My mind did not use the same logic as DJI! :)

Been flying DJI Phantoms since the Vision version and now flying the P3P for over a year. Never had a crash or damage. Last few weeks, the DJI Go app says I need to calibrate the compass, happens every flight. I just finished replacing the compass, but the problem still occurs. I calibrate and it is good for that flight. Next flight, same calibration request. I've been sure to be away from any metal or magnetic fields. The bird flies fine and the compass heading on my tablet map shows correct headings. I just tested without calibration and all still works fine. It is like a false reading in the software. Anyone had this experience or know a solution? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: starship
I think we can cancel this question. Seems I have interpreted the App Status screen incorrectly. It looked like the Calibration button was highlighted, meaning to me, the need to calibrate. After further research, if the Normal status was shown next to the Calibrate button, all is OK. My mind did not use the same logic as DJI! :)

Been flying DJI Phantoms since the Vision version and now flying the P3P for over a year. Never had a crash or damage. Last few weeks, the DJI Go app says I need to calibrate the compass, happens every flight. I just finished replacing the compass, but the problem still occurs. I calibrate and it is good for that flight. Next flight, same calibration request. I've been sure to be away from any metal or magnetic fields. The bird flies fine and the compass heading on my tablet map shows correct headings. I just tested without calibration and all still works fine. It is like a false reading in the software. Anyone had this experience or know a solution? Thanks
Mine is the same way

hi, my ipad screen on the go app shows the calibrate square each time i'm getting ready to go, and i used to do the calibration dance, but lately by the time the screen reads warming up, ready to go, the app voice says' the home point has been updated', please check it on the map, which i do and it's dead on where i am. i've even moved around the property as well as down the road and same thing. i just make sure the map shows exactly where i am before takeoff...hope that helps......

Reactions: coastaltom
hi, my ipad screen on the go app shows the calibrate square each time i'm getting ready to go, and i used to do the calibration dance, but lately by the time the screen reads warming up, ready to go, the app voice says' the home point has been updated', please check it on the map, which i do and it's dead on where i am. i've even moved around the property as well as down the road and same thing. i just make sure the map shows exactly where i am before takeoff...hope that helps......
Your depicted home position is taken from the GPS, this can be right if your compass is out (compass only determines heading, not position)....

If it says "Normal" beside the Calibrate button, you are good to go.

How do i get out of beginning screen...I want to fly higher
Way to jump into a thread☹️ You can disable beginner mode on the Mode settings page. It's in the manual.

Manual...didn't come in box

That doesn't matter. You can easily download a manual from the product page at DJI.com. I read my Mavic manual several times over before it was ever delivered and I got access to the printed manual. Good thing, too, since that thing is way too tiny for me to be able to read.

You should be calibrating the compass after every landing anyway. Whether or not you move location. Basic commercial operations procedure.

skellyrocker- "Calibrate the compass after ever landing" This is NOT good advise! Where did you get that idea from? If you have a good calibration, doing another is just asking for trouble.
I calibrated my P3A, about 5 months ago, I fly in 4 locations, all within approx. 70-90 miles to each other, my bird flys just perfectly & have no need to calibrate unless I move to another province!

Reactions: coastaltom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl