DJI GO App (Android) Won't Connect to P3S Camera

Reaction score
I have a DJI Phantom 3 Standard, brand new out of the box, and am growing increasingly frustrated after spending the last several days attempting to prepare it for its first flight. The problem is establishing a connection between my mobile device and the aircraft/camera.

I have the latest android android version installed on the phone and downloaded the DJI Go app, having tried both from the Play Store and directly from DJI using the QR code. The app is successful at connecting to the RC and to the RC's wifi signal. But I cannot establish a connection with the aircraft/camera.

I have read multiple help forums and troubleshooted with customer support to no avail. I have tried install/uninstall the app numerous times. I have reset the controller. I have put my phone in airplane mode with WiFi on. I've attempted sequencing that some have suggested. I have even gone as far as downloading earlier archived versions of the DJI Go app. But nothing seems to work to establish a connection between the app and the camera.

DJI customer support suggests attempting to connect with another mobile device. Unfortunately, that is not possible because I am currently traveling solo, internationally on an extended assignment and this is the only mobile device I have. So I've reached a point where it seems that my only other trouble shooting options would be to buy a new mobile device once I get to a larger city (and I'm not prepared to spend the $$$ for a second phone which may not even solve the problem).

If any of you fine folks can suggest a solution, I'd be so extremely appreciative.

Thank you in advance!

It's a Phantom 3 Standard. I understand that the Phantom 3 Advance and the Phantom 3 Pro controllers connect to mobile devices with a USB cable. But the Standard does not. The Standard connects over wifi. There is only a micro-usb port on the Standard controller.

Also, just to clarify, I am able to successfully connect the the RC to the mobile device over the wifi. It's connecting to the aircraft/camera that fails.

Does your controller actually have control of the Phantom?
Can you move the camera pitch up and down with the dial?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes, the controller does successfully link to the Phantom. I am able to us the RC to start the props, move the camera around, etc. I believe could probably even fly the P3S without the DJI Go app, but from what I've read, that seems like a bad idea given the reduced functionality/visibility. Also, I need the camera controls.

OK, after reading twice, there was only one good question so far, anyways welcome to the forum!

So do you get telemetry from the phantom? (If you start the motors, leave props off for now) Do you get any messages like home point is set, safe to fly, number of satellites, battery level of the remote, battery level of the Phantom, etc? or just no image. Actually I assume if you can start the motors, you must of registered it with DJI, and you are making to camera view, where all this info (Telemetry is displayed). If so you should be able to hit the camera button or video even with out an image. (It would still be saved on the SD card)
Also, it maybe a fault of the Android, and look at turning off video cache in the DJI app, also look on msingers help for mobile device fixes.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Sorry, I know traveling and internet is a pain, so I just kept rambling on different thinks I could think of, in one post.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic