DJI Go Android App Crashes

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a phantom 3 standard and using a Nexus 5x with the dji go app . I record the entire time I am flying . Every time after about 14 minutes the video feed and all values on screen stop updating . About a minute later the app closes on its own . I can then restart it and the app runs until I close it a few minutes later . Later when I check the video it is split into two mp4s at the time of the lock up. Does anyone else have this issue? Anyway around it ? Is it because I am recording the whole time? Or is my Nexus 5x not powerful enough to handle it? Would a non-dji app work better ?

Thanks .

Steve

Thanks for your reply . I have another interesting piece of information that may help figure this out. It was raining here this weekend so I ran an experiment. I turned on the phantom , controller and dji go app and started recording . I did this inside and of course didn't fly but I wanted to see if the app would lock . After three 30 minute recordings without incident I stopped the test . So recording and running the app seems fine . Of course numbers on screen weren't changing and the drone was within 10 feet of controller and phone , but it must mean something . Right ?

Any thoughts ?

Possibly was running within RAM amount. Could try installing a process killer and before flight kill all other processes. That phones specs: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Processor, 1.8GHz hexa-core 64-bit.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1