Dji go android 2.8.2 update

Reaction score
Just saw the update this morning
Anyone see any different or issue
1464611644500.jpg

Noticed 2.8.1 update also. Hoping someone tries it first and reports. I checked DJI SITE and it still shows 2.8.0 as current with no indication of FW UPDATES also.

I just updated to 2.8.1 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab (sm-t230nu) running Android version 4.4.2 and it seems to have helped the transmission dropouts people are reporting.

I use both an iPad mini 2 (all updated to latest software) and this Samsung tablet as a backup, and both were experiencing transmission range issues (I think the Samsung had 2.8.0 on it prior). No matter how close the P4 was to the RC, the video would flicker, and I'd get "signal loss" and "interference" warnings.

I had the P4 on the shelf for a few weeks, and I guess my devices auto-updated the apps during that time. Before, it was working fine.

It still happens on my iPad, but since I updated on the Android, it seems to have solved (or at least, suppressed) the problem. I'm waiting for an iPad update that will hopefully remedy this problem on that platform.

I did that update this morning also. Flew out by some mountains this morning didn't have any problems on my LG Gpad tablet. In fact I think it's solved my transmission problems. I was getting lines on the video also intermittently.

Attachments

• 1464649210398.jpg
    1464649210398.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 462
I got a automatic update to 2.8.1 from Google this PM, whether,I wanted it or not. I am still flying in baby mode, and was testing video options In a confined space around apartment complex. First automatic take off after update to 2.8. 1 was up to 10 feet, then back down to 3, bouncing around. Noted other Stability issues at low levels as well. As part of learning process checked AC status during flight. I had a abnormal status, checking it, error said left downward camera failure issue contact DJI tech service.
Finished the flight, changed the battery, wiped the camera lens and sonic sensor with my T shirt. Back in the air, with perfect auto take off, and superb stability no abnormal status error.
I was using the circle of a handicapped parking stencil as my drone landing pad. AC is stable within 1 inch, pilot skills take several tries to set it down in circle using camera view only..
In my opinion the outstanding stability in tight spaces makes the P4 a no Brainer over P3x.
Shuan

I just ditched Android. Does anyone know if the new update added the 2x digital zoom (resolutions less than 4K) and the abilty to change the name of the aircraft?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers