DJI Go 4 lockup

Reaction score
DJI Go Ver. 4 freezes within the first few minutes every time I try to fly my P4 with it. So I continued using the earlier version of Go until yesterday, when it threw a screen saying I now MUST use version 4 for P4 and higher. I'm running it on a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet.

So yesterday I was providing video coverage for my volunteer fire department water rescue team, and was flying over water. When Go 4 froze up, I was still able to control the P4, but I had zero vision or instrument support. So there was no way I could start or stop the camera, and no way to control the picture composition.

This Go 4 app crash severely limits my ability to use my P4. Anybody else seeing this problem? What can be done about it?

The bummer is that the older version of Go was perfectly reliable. I never had a loss of control or a flyaway, so was confident enough to frequently fly over the ocean for scenic pictures. Now DJI has disabled the old reliable app and the replacement doesn't work.

DJI Go Ver. 4 freezes within the first few minutes every time I try to fly my P4 with it. So I continued using the earlier version of Go until yesterday, when it threw a screen saying I now MUST use version 4 for P4 and higher. I'm running it on a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet.

So yesterday I was providing video coverage for my volunteer fire department water rescue team, and was flying over water. When Go 4 froze up, I was still able to control the P4, but I had zero vision or instrument support. So there was no way I could start or stop the camera, and no way to control the picture composition.

This Go 4 app crash severely limits my ability to use my P4. Anybody else seeing this problem? What can be done about it?

The bummer is that the older version of Go was perfectly reliable. I never had a loss of control or a flyaway, so was confident enough to frequently fly over the ocean for scenic pictures. Now DJI has disabled the old reliable app and the replacement doesn't work.
Can you try another USB cable,,it sorted me out:)I use 4.0.7

Can you try another USB cable,,it sorted me out:)I use 4.0.7
Could also check your transmission channels for clear channel??,,,Dji now made djigo for drones before p4..need djigo4........IOS I think is 4.0.8

Your best bet is to do what I did. Switch to Litchi!!! It's the best $23 I have spent. It has many great features such as waypoint missions that you pre-plan and fly later. It never crashes and I have been flying the same version since November when DJI GO crashed on me the last time!!
Jim
WA5TEF

I have Litchi but use it only when I need to fly pre-planned automomous missions. I want DJI to fix GO 4 so it works, especially since GO 3 worked perfectly for the past year, with zero flyaways and rare, short lived loss of control at distance.

Yep, you will do well to stick with Litchi! I had same problem and since November, have been only Litchi! It is failsafe!
Jim
WA5TEF

Is there anyone using GO 4 on Android with P4 and NOT having frequent (every time) app freezes/lockups? If so please post what device you're using and what version Android.

I've tried replacing the USB cable, and I'm flying in a rural area with no radio interference so no need to find a better channel. I'm using Go 4.0.8 on a Nexus 7 (2013) running Android 6. I uninstalled Go 3. Go 4 still crashes every time.

Also if anyone is still able to use Go 3 with a P4, please reply with the exact version of Go 3 and what firmware in the P4.

Is there any way to roll back firmware in the P4 and RC and get earlier versions of Go 3? Everything worked perfectly until the most recent firmware upgrades

I think the problem went away. One or more of these actions probably solved it. I uninstalled and reinstalled Go 4 from Google Play. I uninstalled Go 3. Before flying I put the Nexus 7 tablet in "airplane mode" to turn off WiFi and Bluetooth radios.

After that i flew out about 50% each of three batteries without the app crashing even once. Other differences from before were that I was shooting video in standard HD 1080P mode, and I was never far away from the launch position since I was flying at home in poor weather, low overcast. I don't think video mode or distance made the difference.

My best guess is that the app reinstall and/or Airplane mode were the key fixes.

This is a great relief after four days of being unable to use my P4. I hope the app crash thing doesn't come back.

Since doing the fixes described above I have not had a single "crash" or freeze up of the Go 4 app. I consider the problem solved. Good thing I don't own a P3 or earlier or it could be a problem if Go 3 and G4 can't coexist on the mobile device.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4