P4 Firmware Dji go 4 crashes constantly

Reaction score
I’m having a terrible time with the Dji go 4 app. Yesterday, I had stopped at good spot and was pretty excited about having a day off and just enjoying my quads. The conditions were beautiful the way the fog looked on the water at sunrise. I had just took off, was hovering at around 10 ft when the app crashes. I try a couple times to get it back up but have the same results. I land and decide to try deleting the app and reinstalling it. I quickly realized that the apps size causes it require a WiFi connection to download. So, I end up heading to the closest WiFi which ends up being the local McDonald’s . Even after reinstalling the app after a few minutes it crashes again. I’ve had such a problem with it that I’ve started using my Litchi app and it works fine. I’m just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues or if maybe there’s settings I can change to make my Dji Go4 work again. Thanks

You running iOS or Android? If iOS - Run Software Update to 11.2 and it will fix 99.9% of your problem! Same issue for me yesterday. Keep us posted!

I’m running IOS 11.1.2 right now. I did look for the 11.2 update. I’ll try that. Thanks for the advice

As I posted on another thread I update my iPad to 11.2 did not help the problem with crashes, I feel it’s another problem with the solfware at DJI

This is a really simple suggestion: Remove your flights from the device. They will still be saved to your dji account.

After I upgraded to IOS 11.2 on the iPad Mini 4 the DJI Go 4 app froze on every flight and I would force-close it and finish the flight with Litchi.

I could replicate this indoors with no propellers attached. Did a simple uninstall/reinstall of Go 4 and now it doesn't freeze in my indoor testing. Looking forward to better weather for a flying test. Might be worth a try to uninstall/reinstall. I understand that with IOS uninstall deletes all app data, so might want to back up first. Flight logs can be resynced with DJI after reinstall

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj