DJI GO 4 App showing ads?

Reaction score
Ok, am I crazy? For some reason, after an app update, my GO 4 App now will show a full-screen video advertisement while I'm using it. I was literally mid-flight yesterday, and then my screen shut down to show an ad for GEICO. How is that acceptable? Go ahead and charge me for an ad-free version of the app, DJI - you already nickel and dimed us for everything else.

I have never seen a ad execept on the first GO start up screen about a dji product, never another companies. If your wifi is on I would think it's something else that is running in the background causing these. I would disable all notices and fly in airplane mode. I use my tablet only to fly and uninstalled and or disabled every thing I could, never had pop ups in flight.

Are you sure it was GO that popped the ad up?

I've gotten Starbucks ads popping up at times on Android while flying in GO, but Android is such a worthless OS that any yahoo can add the option to put ads in their crappy freeware to make money off it and consume the resources GO needs. Haven't seen that nonsense in iOS yet, but the iPad Air 2 I have dedicated to the drones only doesn't have all the free apps as does my two worthless Samsungs either that I ditched for green/red video lag as well as ads taking over along with sundry contact stuff, messages from the carrier, etc.

The ads I've seen in GO appear at the start for their stuff, then go away. I know it shows "Ad based" in installation though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20