DJI Go 4.12 & Ipad Air 2 video feed problems

Reaction score
Spent the weekend on a job using the above but the former DJI Go App version with no problems in 30 Deg C conditions.

Tried it today with DJI Go 4.12 and got partial screen, black screen and total green screen issues.

Have no idea what is going on. Tried various other ipads and iphones which experienced similar issues initially but now seem to work. iPad Air 2 still has these problems. I am still on 01.03.00509 FW.

Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Michael

Edited: My iPad Air 2 runs perfectly normally using Litchi. So it must be the crappy version of DJI Go 4.12!!!

Last edited:
Did you try to delete it, and reinstall it?
Also the app is huge, and requires a lot of memory, try to clean up your iPad as much as you can to free up memory, if you have a 16 or less gig version.
If all else fails, revert the app to previous version.
( to do so through iTunes ) download Charles proxy 3.0 or earlier, newer versions are much harder to use, as most settings are under menu screens, instead of pull down options!
Here is a video

Hope this helps

J Dot
:cool:

I was using the Ipad 2 however the latest GO updates removed the "Hardware Decoding" setting and I began having green screen issues with the video......I resolved it by purchasing an Ipad 4 ....not all is clear... I think the processor can't handle the video in the Ipad 2....Just my opinion.

Hardware decoding is always on now in ios. They kept it permanently on and removed the option to have it any other way now. My air2 is fine. I wouldn't make general assumptions. It's a case by case situation. Always turn off auto updates for apps.

I was using the Ipad 2 however the latest GO updates removed the "Hardware Decoding" setting and I began having green screen issues with the video......I resolved it by purchasing an Ipad 4 ....not all is clear... I think the processor can't handle the video in the Ipad 2....Just my opinion.

Hey Paul
You are correct the IPAD 2 cannot handle the load, even the 3 has its issues, but our friend above, has the IPAD " AIR " 2, which has a much bigger processor than the iPad 2, and is more than capable of running the app. He has some other issue. I think this is where the confusion happened. As the iPad 2 and iPad Air 2, are quite different! Hope this helps!

J Dot

Did you try to delete it, and reinstall it?
Also the app is huge, and requires a lot of memory, try to clean up your iPad as much as you can to free up memory, if you have a 16 or less gig version.
If all else fails, revert the app to previous version.
( to do so through iTunes ) download Charles proxy 3.0 or earlier, newer versions are much harder to use, as most settings are under menu screens, instead of pull down options!
Here is a video

Hope this helps

J Dot
Thanks for this. I shall use this as the last resort if my problem does does resolve itself after, ho

Reactions: J Dot
Now the following is mystifying:

I was hoping that upgrading the P4P FW to the latest successfully, that my video feed problems using DJI Go 4 with my iPad Air 2 would disappear - not a bit of it. But my trusty old iPad Air 1 and iPhone 6 plus works fine!!!! ?????. My iPad Air 2 works perfectly with DJI Go with my Inspire Pro as well as with Litchi on the P4P and Inspire.

I have enormous headroom in memory terms 66 GB available of 124 GB and have cleared out a number of Apps no longer supported by IOS as well as clearing a number of caches.

Has anyone any bright ideas as to what might be the problem. This is driving me crazy!

I would begin the search for iOS versions on your different devices, also scrutinize ALL settings ( comparing all 3 devices ) until you find something amiss!
If your air 1 can run it, than your air 2 should DEFINATELY run it. Also have you tried simply shutting down the air 2 and rebooting it? Or possibly a bad cord or port on the air 2? Turn ipad completely off, spray contact cleaner in the lightning port, to remove any debris or oxidation.
Let dry completely, then reboot. ( just mist it, don't flood it ) lol also try reversing the lightning cable ( try both sides, as they are the same! Something is definately screwy!:confused:

That is where I would begin!
KEEP US UPDATED!

J Dot

Thanks J.

I shall endeavour to investigate further tomorrow, But I have found other on the DJI site that others are also having green screen vid problems, albeit not with iPad Air 2. Also when does it work with Litchi perfectly as well as with DGI Go (Inspire 1 Pro). This seems to suggest some sort of internal processing issue. I can't see and change in settings between the iPad Air 1 and 2. AGHHHHH!

What ios firmwares are your apple devices on? I've stuck with ios 9.1 for a long while and it's working well. You can try a device reboot. You can try deleting the go app and reinstalling. You could try a firmware refresh on the p4p. And definitely try a new cable just to see.

Last thing to consider
With multiple devices all seeking service and or wifi ( again not sure Ithis situation ) but with my p2v's I had trouble connecting one time because the network was auto connecting to one of my other devices, causing my new device to lock out!
Again, newer models use a cord to connect, so I cannot foresee this happening, but definately something to keep in mind! I had to turn off wifi on my other devices, then it would finally connect!
Just something to think about!

J Dot

All my devices are on ios 10.3.2. Tried reboot numerously to no avail and new cable. Firmware only freshly installed to day and works with all devices except my darn iPad air 2!

I got tired of the "Green Screen Flip" and video dropping out. Asked my local geek what it might be and he immediately said the A8 processor was most likely the problem. I traded in my Mini 4 and iPad for an iPad Pro air with cell & wifi with the A10 processor and both the flipping screen and video are working just fine. It seems the slower A8 just couldn't cut it. We will see tomorrow when I put some distance on my P4P.

Well, the end of this sorry saga has been reached.

I finally went to the Apple Store and has a genious bar appointment. To recap, my iPad Air 2 could not run SJI Go 4 (either the latest edition or the penultimate) whereas mystifyingly, my older iPad Air 1 could. Apple reset my iPad Air 2 to factory settings and used their own sofyware to affect a deep clean. They then reloaded ios 10.3.2 and also DJI Go 4. Still the same problem with green screen, black screen and pixelated download from the video feed. Apple then magnanimously offered me a brand new iPad Air 2 and after loading the OS and DJI Go 4 - guess what? !!!!! Still the same problem! Then just to see if there was a problem with the latest 10.5 inch iPad Pro, a demo was produced and DJI 4 Go loaded. Result; PERFECTION!!!!!

Their chief engineer liaised with his colleagues and concluded that something in the iPad Air 2's architecture prevented the software running properly. So after a lunch and much navel contemplation, I decided to splash out on a brand new iPad Pro which was offered at a discount for all my troubles! I now have the problem of fitting the larger iPad Pro to by tablet holder so have ordered a 3-d printed extender before a better solution can be found or perhaps a new holder from the great DJI themselves!!!

This whole affair is not a A/C firmware issue, perhaps not even a CPU issue but simply the DJI has created a rough-skinned porpoise in the latest 2 versions of DJI Go 4 that can not slip through the hoop its trainer is holding above the water.

I would like to end by wishing this good community better luck than me whose bank balance is a lot lighter thanks to DJI :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl