DJI GO 3.1.18 gps location unstable in map view android devices

Reaction score
You know the little blue dot indicating your devices' location on your android device map view in DJI Go? Well with my tablet and phone the blue dot moves all over the place when I move the view around and when I zoom in it goes way off the screen. Happened immediately with the 3.1.8 update.

Uninstalled from phone and reinstalled, no change.

Testing in Google Maps view the blue dot marks the exact spot as it should, so this is a DJI Go app problem. No previous editions acted like this.

Anyone else experience this, or is there a fix?

Thanks!

Testing in Google Maps view the blue dot marks the exact spot as it should, so this is a DJI Go app problem. No previous editions acted like this.
It's unlikely to be a DJI issue.
DJI Go is getting your location from the tablet and that could be coming from wifi or GPS.
If it's getting location from wifi that can be very approximate, if it's from the tablet's GPS it will be accurqate.

You know the little blue dot indicating your devices' location on your android device map view in DJI Go? Well with my tablet and phone the blue dot moves all over the place when I move the view around and when I zoom in it goes way off the screen. Happened immediately with the 3.1.8 update.

Uninstalled from phone and reinstalled, no change.

Anyone else experience this, or is there a fix?

Thanks!
There could be a problem with the code that updates the position on the map. In other words, it has the right position, it's just not showing it. If you wait a bit after changing the view, does the location show up correctly? You could try swapping the map view with the FPV view and back again.

If the correct location shows up in Google Maps, then the location services in Android are working just fine. It's probably just a timing issue with the DJI app. You may want to report it to DJI thoughht, they may not be aware of the problem.

There could be a problem with the code that updates the position on the map. In other words, it has the right position, it's just not showing it. If you wait a bit after changing the view, does the location show up correctly? You could try swapping the map view with the FPV view and back again.

If the correct location shows up in Google Maps, then the location services in Android are working just fine. It's probably just a timing issue with the DJI app. You may want to report it to DJI thoughht, they may not be aware of the problem.

Letting it sit for 15 minutes in the back yard under clear skies overhead does not change the position or accuracy on the Go map. When I move the map (not zoom) the dot moves in the direction I move my finger but at about 4x the rate.

The previous edition worked perfectly. At the same sitting within 5 minutes of using the previous version I updated and the problem started. Behavior is identical on Nvidiia Shield and Galaxy s7.

Tried with WiFi on and off...no difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers