DJI Go 2.9.2

Reaction score
Does anybody out there feel that 2.9.2 dulled the response of the aircraft in Normal mode. Since installing I personally feel that the craft is slightly less responsive. (Expo etc all taken into account) Full fwd stick held there will result eventually in approx 6 or 7 m/s ground speed.

Anybody else think likewise or can anybody tell me what speed they are getting with Full stick deflection held there for say 5 - 8 seconds. (wind is of course relevant)

After investigation with DJI and trying to fly with both IOS and Android devices still no solution. Also tried with no display device connected...still the same problem. P4 was replaced with completely new system...still the same issue. Sadly I have given up and now got my money back. I miss the drone and will probably purchase again in the future. Mavic Pro certainly looks great but camera performance appears to be significantly poorer than P4, thats a pity!
I shall return! Byee!

After investigation with DJI and trying to fly with both IOS and Android devices still no solution. Also tried with no display device connected...still the same problem. P4 was replaced with completely new system...still the same issue. Sadly I have given up and now got my money back. I miss the drone and will probably purchase again in the future. Mavic Pro certainly looks great but camera performance appears to be significantly poorer than P4, thats a pity!
I shall return! Byee!
I don't remember similar problems that you had with that version. Sad you had to give it all up but I understand. Anyway, watch this video for Mavic Pro/P4 video comparison. It may change your mind.

I shall return! Byee!

My P4 has ALWAYS been slow with Obstacle avoidance enabled. In calm conditions, there is NO way it will do 22mph, as DJI claims. At best with full forward stick, after waiting for a minute, it might acheive 16 or 17mph. Hence, I rarely fly with OA enabled. Turning off OA will result in 33mph in P mode, like my P3P craft. Funny thing is, with OA enabled when I trigger RTH, it will do exactly 22mph back to home. Go figure. In Sport mode it flies past 40mph, but that uses a lot of battery and I rarely need to go that fast. So I primarily fly P mode with OA in the OFF position to optimize battery and minimize props views in the display. S mode is of little use or interest, IMO.

It sounds like when you updated your app that OA automatically got turned on (this happens), and you didn't know to turn it back off. Did you check that?

My P4 has ALWAYS been slow with Obstacle avoidance enabled. In calm conditions, there is NO way it will do 22mph, as DJI claims. At best with full forward stick, after waiting for a minute, it might acheive 16 or 17mph. Hence, I rarely fly with OA enabled. Turning off OA will result in 33mph in P mode, like my P3P craft. Funny thing is, with OA enabled when I trigger RTH, it will do exactly 22mph back to home. Go figure. In Sport mode it flies past 40mph, but that uses a lot of battery and I rarely need to go that fast. So I primarily fly P mode with OA in the OFF position to optimize battery and minimize props views in the display. S mode is of little use or interest, IMO.

It sounds like when you updated your app that OA automatically got turned on (this happens), and you didn't know to turn it back off. Did you check that?

You make a good suggestion but no it was definitely the same with OA on or off. Strangely the craft would respond to backwards stick inputs with the normal rate and performance. This was identical with IOS or Android and also with no display device attached. I re-flashed the aircraft firmware and re-downloaded the DJI Go software. I then flew with the factory default settings....exactly the same problem. My retailer then agreed to replace the Drone and out of the box again exactly the same issue...forward response about 20 - 30% of rearward and sideways response. (Sport mode was perfect) A crazy and baffling situation, but I got fed up waiting for a solution. I am looking forward to buying my next drone but will pause a while to see how the models shape up. Mavic looks amazing and it may be the case that the picture quality issue could be due to people not realising that it is not a fixed focus lens system.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20