DJi Go 2.5.1 iOS - Crashes On Start

Reaction score
Well, I wanna thank DJi for 2.5.1. Tried everything, delete and clean re-install, even deleted the iPad Air 2's backup in case there was any residual data from the GO App after I deleted it and rebooted iPad etc.

The GO App crashes after about 10-15 seconds after launching it. It's a timed crash as I can use the App and go into different places until it hits 10-15 seconds then it crashes to the background. I go back to it and it starts from the beginning so now I'm in a crash loop.

I'll try it on my other iPad Mini 2 then the iPhone 6+ to see if it does the same thing.

Well, I wanna thank DJi for 2.5.1. Tried everything, delete and clean re-install, even deleted the iPad Air 2's backup in case there was any residual data from the GO App after I deleted it and rebooted iPad etc.

The GO App crashes after about 10-15 seconds after launching it. It's a timed crash as I can use the App and go into different places until it hits 10-15 seconds then it crashes to the background. I go back to it and it starts from the beginning so now I'm in a crash loop.

I'll try it on my other iPad Mini 2 then the iPhone 6+ to see if it does the same thing.

iPad Mini 2 does the same thing.

iPad Mini 2 does the same thing.

.....and now I'm grounded. 2.5.0 on the iPhone 6+ worked fine. I updated it to 2.5.1 and same issue now. Guess it didn't want to fly this weekend.

So that's 3 iOS devices with the same behavior with 2.5.1. There's a problem with that update.

I have never had an issue with my phantom or the firmware updates ever but after reading this on here I updating DJI Go today I wanted to try it.
Didn't fly it, BUT
The go app crashed Every Time after about 10 seconds right out of the app.. Great Fix they did.
DM

I have never had an issue with my phantom or the firmware updates ever but after reading this on here I updating DJI Go today I wanted to try it.
Didn't fly it, BUT
The go app crashed Every Time after about 10 seconds right out of the app.. Great Fix they did.
DM

Yep.

I literally just went downstairs to boot up my P3A on my iPad Air 2. EXACT SAME THING!!!!! Also, LITCHI app will not connect either. Tried to delete and reinstall both. GO continues to crash and LITCHI doesn't connect. Tried my 6+ using the GO 2.4 or whatever is prior to the 2.5.0 and 2.5.1; SAME CRASHING UPON START UP.

EDIT FOR UPDATE: it also crashes when not connected to the RC/AC, won't even let me sign in to access the forums. BOOOOOOOOOO

I have just updated my iPhone 6 to 2.5.1 and I have the same issue - crashes after 10~15 seconds.
I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and the problem persists.

Interestingly, the first time I opened the app (2.5.1) it had a warning on the screen advising I was in a No Fly Zone??? Go figure!

Luckily I still have 2.5 on my iPad Air, so not grounded.
Really starting to question this purchase!

I have just updated my iPhone 6 to 2.5.1 and I have the same issue - crashes after 10~15 seconds.
I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and the problem persists.

Interestingly, the first time I opened the app (2.5.1) it had a warning on the screen advising I was in a No Fly Zone??? Go figure!

Luckily I still have 2.5 on my iPad Air, so not grounded.
Really starting to question this purchase!

Make sure your update settings on you iPad Air are not set to auto-update Apps. Otherwise your get the "Grounded" version of the GO App.

It's not a 2.5.1 issue I don't think.

I'm running 2.4.3 and it crashes and closes after 15 seconds. Worked fine on Saturday. Flew for an hour.

I'm not seeing this behavior on my iPad mini 2. Can you elaborate how did you install it?

What was the previous version on your device?

It's not a 2.5.1 issue I don't think.

I'm running 2.4.3 and it crashes and closes after 15 seconds. Worked fine on Saturday. Flew for an hour.

Hmm. I had the Air 2 and Mini 2 updated and saw the crash. Grabbed the 6+ double checked it was at 2.5.0 and no issue. I even connected to the P3 and started her up no problems.

I then immediately updated the 6+ to 2.5.1 and opened the GO App and bam crash just like the other two.

Same issue here and I'm on 2.4.3.. That being said it looks to be an issue with a connection the app makes to an outside web service. It will affect all users no matter the version

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where are you located? Is it related to NFZs of a particular region?

Same issue here and I'm on 2.4.3.. That being said it looks to be an issue with a connection the app makes to an outside web service. It will affect all users no matter the version

Your conclusion appears to be correct.

Where are you located? Is it related to NFZs of a particular region?

USA. When the 6+ was at 2.5.0 I looked at my map in the GO App and I'm not in a NFZ. I wouldn't think being in a NFZ would cause the App to crash on its own though without the RC or P3 even on.

If true then this is kinda scary.

The stability of the GO App relies on being able to hit a web service?

Doesn't make any sense as a lot of people fly disconnected from the internet. I do use a cellular iPad though. I would be pretty shocked if their web service went down in the middle of my flight causing the GO App to crash, not very safe.

If true then this is kinda scary.

The stability of the GO App relies on being able to hit a web service?

Doesn't make any sense as a lot of people fly disconnected from the internet. I do use a cellular iPad though. I would be pretty shocked if their web service went down in the middle of my flight causing the GO App to crash, not very safe.

Thought the same thing. It's crashing for me on my iPhone and wifi iPad.. My guess is if I turned off wifi it wouldn't crash.

My guess is some type of statistics or logging gets reported back to DJI occasionally and that's broken. Once again I'm just guessing though. I'm a software developer so I know it's definitely possible if proper error handling isn't happening within the app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1