DJI Forums

Reaction score
These forums are great. But I'm curious if anyone uses the DJI Forums. DJI seems to push them...not sure if they are worth using compared to these forums?

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah I agree, I usually divide things in life into various forms of attire.
1. Funerals. Solemn or serious moments in your life where you dress very respectfully.
2. Weddings and similar milestones in life. You dress according to any themes that may apply. And you usually shave and concentrate on the proceedings.
3. Casual dress. Anything that comes to hand in the house and still resembles clothing.
4. Birthday suits. No comment.

With respect to the above, when I visit sites other than this, I feel the need to dress up so that i can achieve a degree of relevance. With phantompilots, you still need to watch out for the serious questions and dress accordingly but still find threads where you can wear a pair of thongs, stubbies and wear a Billy Brough singlet.

Nice forum.

Reactions: miskairal
The DJI run forums are 'sterile' to n'th degree.

You get far more diverse content here.

Nigel

Reactions: gvsukids
Yeah I agree, I usually divide things in life into various forms of attire.
1. Funerals. Solemn or serious moments in your life where you dress very respectfully.
2. Weddings and similar milestones in life. You dress according to any themes that may apply. And you usually shave and concentrate on the proceedings.
3. Casual dress. Anything that comes to hand in the house and still resembles clothing.
4. Birthday suits. No comment.

With respect to the above, when I visit sites other than this, I feel the need to dress up so that i can achieve a degree of relevance. With phantompilots, you still need to watch out for the serious questions and dress accordingly but still find threads where you can wear a pair of thongs, stubbies and wear a Billy Brough singlet.

Nice forum.

HA love this :)

I don't go on the actual manufacturers forums any more..... of ANY r/c product. I was really heavy into Traxxas for a while and you'd go on the forums and..... OMG..... Find one little flaw in one of their r/c cars and the moderators were jumping all over your back! Never mind the hundreds of warranty returns I probably saved them by helping noobs get their stuff going. And get this.... they'd even yell at you for telling people to use the search feature! Yes, really. Why? They wanted their forums to appear fresh, new and busy (more threads). I'm guessing the actual DJI forums are the same?

I don't go on the actual manufacturers forums any more..... of ANY r/c product. I was really heavy into Traxxas for a while and you'd go on the forums and..... OMG..... Find one little flaw in one of their r/c cars and the moderators were jumping all over your back! Never mind the hundreds of warranty returns I probably saved them by helping noobs get their stuff going. And get this.... they'd even yell at you for telling people to use the search feature! Yes, really. Why? They wanted their forums to appear fresh, new and busy (more threads). I'm guessing the actual DJI forums are the same?
I'm on both, and their not really that bad. You can have a negative thing to say about one of their products, as long as it's framed in a way that is not being rude and your just trying to fix it, all is fine. Now if it's just a bitching thread, and all your trying to do is trash DJI or the product then you not only have the mods descend on you, but many loyal members even harder. Which is fine with me, because I don't think the their forum should be a platform for people to rip them down.

Last edited:
I do prefer this forum though. I'm into pushing the limit and doing mods on my equipment, and this forum is much better suited for that. Over at the DJI forum you have too many self righteous people trying to argue with you. Like if on a thread you rely to someone having a range issue, and think the Phantom is junk. And your trying to be helpful telling them you have the same unit and it gets out 2500 meters lets say, so there must be an issue with their system. Then you'll have these self righteous member descend upon you on how you breaking the law because your flying that far. Once even had a guy look over a HealthDrones link I posted when trying to be helpful on someone thread, asking me if I contacted an airport and like three heliports because I was 4.9 miles from a county airport and there were some heliports like 2 miles away. Didn't say one thing about the thread header "P3S range?" and just focus on my post in a very sarcastic tone, before I even replied back to him. That's very rare on this site, but much more common there.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Don't know about the DJI forum, never been there but I can tell you, I visit 4 subreddits about drones and PhantomPilots is hands down better by far than all 4 of them if they were combined into one. Here, I get questions answered before I even knew I had to ask them. This place and its members are great. PRAISE PHANTOMPILOTS!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

To me, it doesn't seem that the dji forum is that bad either. I joined the dji forum because there seems to be a few dji employee's there who actually answer questions and seem to be helpful. I think they realize that their forum is a public window into the company and they at least appear to be responsible.

I have been using both. I find it is much better here to actually learn and gain information. The DJI ones seem to be more about the problems with the latest firmware or software. While I am not denying this, there are quite a few posts over there on those topics where it is clearly pilot error. On the other side the littlest mistake you make, and post about, seems to be picked apart there was well.

I forgot to add, I really hate the whole monetary system they have. It's a forum not a store, geez!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj