DJI Fix & Feature Wish List (post-3.0.6)

Reaction score
My wish list:

- Uncommanded altitude drop issue after fast stop: viewtopic.php?t=22911

- Battery issues reported by others (ie: viewtopic.php?t=22152 )

- Adding an ATTI gain option to P2 Assistant for limiting yaw rate to enable buttery smooth pans without buying a $500 3rd party controller or creating a franken- controller

- Adding configureable aircraft tilt option to P2 Assistant to a certain maximum for GPS and ATT modes to lift the speed governor if desired,

- Having the gimbal automatically "sleep" while compass calibration mode is active

- Add an "imperial or metric" option for the iOSD mini display

- (for ground station) add POI capability to circle a POI smoothly for video

What else?

Re: DJI Fix & Feature Wish List (post-3.0.6)

- Ground Station: Allow ability to set camera direction on each leg of a route to allow panning and other views than straight ahead.

- Configurable settings to always start filming whenever the Phantom is powered up and/or a reminder message when the drone starts flying if filming hasn't started (I don't know about others but I often forget to start filming).

- Ability to reset home position from the app vs. unreliable S2 toggling.

schenckg said:
- Configurable settings to always start filming whenever the Phantom is powered up and/or a reminder message when the drone starts flying if filming hasn't started (I don't know about others but I often forget to start filming).

You can set the GoPro with one-button mode recording which can help at least remove one step in flight prep.

When it's powered up, it'll automatically start recording.

Good list, Damon. Add to that:

- course lock based on current heading (no toggling to reset).
- option to disable startup sound.
- OSD GPS Lat, Lon
- OSD heading

ianwood said:

- course lock based on current heading (no toggling to reset).
- OSD GPS Lat, Lon
- OSD heading

+1 to those.

Once we have a list put together (give it a few more days for folks to add their items ), perhaps we can solicit input on priorities and submit that to DJI?

Great thoughts. It would be nice for the P3 to intergrate the GS and iOSD into the inside of the airframe. And maybe a way to swing a FPV antenna into flight position and then into storage position. This would reduce the chance of frying the FPV TX.

And maybe configurable height option for home location. Now it is set to 20 meters but in many cases it is not enough.

Flingwing said:
Great thoughts. It would be nice for the P3 to intergrate the GS and iOSD into the inside of the airframe.

And maybe a way to swing a FPV antenna into flight position and then into storage position. This would reduce the chance of frying the FPV TX.

Or at least an easier plug and play with designated internal placements for iOSD and l datalink, agreed. These are all DJI components so they should make it easy to add stuff to their mass production platform I'd think in the interest of profit.

Next gen P2 or P3 hardware though.

The antenna idea is interesting but can be solved today with a zip tie mounting permanently down the non-compass leg, and a removing a bit of case foam to accommodate easy in/out:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407950961.312973.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407950961.312973.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 731

ianwood said:

This. Although it is pretty funny to see my cat head for the hills when I power it up. He can't get enough traction and just kind of runs in place.
When I first got it he was pretty interested in it, until I started it and came to a 2' hover in the living room. He did not care for those shenanigans at all.

Ability to choose own height when in return to home mode. I.e. if it want it to be 200ft or 187ft. A software setting would be nice.

Software side:
- Hyper IOC (a TALI H500 feature) would be a great to have. I don't need it, but it would be nice to have handy. ;)
- iOSD in English measurements (Feet, Miles, etc.) because that's what I was born with. :lol:
- More customization freedom like speed rates, sounds, lights, return home height (or to even disable it in general) etc. customization.

Hardware side:
- Automatic record start/end for GoPro.
- Easier-to-install GoPro mount (there's a clip for shapeways though, but should come standard).
- Gimbal guard should come standard. :lol:
- Either wider stock legs or a more lens-centered gimbal.
- Modular or easily swappable parts for upgrades/replacements/additions.

Just the little things. :lol:

I love my Phantom as it is, but if the software side was wish granted.. i'd be really happy!

UrAwFuL said:
Software side:
- Hyper IOC (a TALI H500 feature) would be a great to have. I don't need it, but it would be nice to have handy. ;)

I know I could probably dig through the TALI site to find out, but can you explain what this is exactly? Sounds very intriguing!

ProfessorStein said:
UrAwFuL said:
Software side:

I know I could probably dig through the TALI site to find out, but can you explain what this is exactly? Sounds very intriguing!

Basically, according to the site, it can face the camera at a designated point from any direction.

H500_9.jpg

I've pulled it off on my Phantom before with no problems after a little bit of practice, but I thought it'd be better if I could do it effort free. :lol:

planedr said:
ianwood said:

This. Although it is pretty funny to see my cat head for the hills when I power it up. He can't get enough traction and just kind of runs in place.
When I first got it he was pretty interested in it, until I started it and came to a 2' hover in the living room. He did not care for those shenanigans at all.

Lol

UrAwFuL said:
ProfessorStein said:
UrAwFuL said:
Software side:

Basically, according to the site, it can face the camera at a designated point from any direction.

H500_9.jpg

I've pulled it off on my Phantom before with no problems after a little bit of practice, but I thought it'd be better if I could do it effort free. :lol:

Yeah that's what I meant above with this bullet:

It would be great if the Phantom bipped once or twice when home point is acquired with enough satellites lock and if we had an option to start GoPro recording automatically at that same time.

I would like to get away for the home point and stand at a more strategic position before taking off. When the iOSD show that there is a satellites lock, the green flashing LED sequence could happen a lot of seconds after and, at a distance, on a sunny day, it's hard to see the LED flashing on a P2. So I always ended with with one to two useless minutes on each recording.

Maher

Would it be helpful if there was a clear indication in the mobile app? You can see the number of satellites, and I suppose you can kind of discern that you have a home point locked. But it'd still be nice to have a big pop-up say "all clear for take-off" just so you're certain. Of course make it configurable so you can turn it off if you don't want it.

damoncooper said:
Yeah that's what I meant above with this bullet:

Whoops! Actually, I didn't read the first post.. sorries! :lol:

Another pretty good software/hardware on my wish list is "auto-follow" that some other quads have by either bluetooth, following a fixed object (AR.Drone did this), groundstation or some type of other hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers