DJI Finally responded to Bad Camera Firmware to me anyway

Reaction score
Since I lost my camera to the January 20th firmware update and bricked my camera, I returned it to Amazon for a replacement. I was afraid to try to update my new system until I got more info on their fix. After three weeks of waiting on DJI Customer Support response when I sent them a customer support request, I got a reply today telling me to try the newest update following the instructions as written on email. I did it and basically followed the video they posted also on website. I reluctantly did update and it all appears to be working fine. Yes, it is a new Phantom 2 Vision and probably would have worked anyway, but it does appear to be working properly and will give it a go taking photos tomorrow during daylight hours. The person did tell me that if it went bad, to report back and they would give me a RMA for camera. After it originally did not connect and eventually did connect but went black after taking a RAW photo, it never really recovered. This is a new system anyway, but will know for sure tomorrow, but seems like I am good with the newest firmware updated, update. Fingers crossed, but still feel a little gun shy at this moment even though it looks like a success.

edit: I keep seeing still more and more camera problems not connecting and going black on different posts, and still suspect these are firmware update issues, but not sure if original or the newest update, which make me nervous still. Only took three weeks for them to get back to me on issue. At least they did respond however, which made me go ahead and do the update.

Re: DJI Finally responded to Bad Camera Firmware to me anywa

I'm curious if anyone had a bricked camera with the revised firmware dji posted or did it only occur with the first one. If not I may contemplate finally upgrading the camera firmware but after all the horror stories I'm quite reluctant even with the "revised" one.

djayz said:
I'm curious if anyone had a bricked camera with the revised firmware dji posted or did it only occur with the first one. If not I may contemplate finally upgrading the camera firmware but after all the horror stories I'm quite reluctant even with the "revised" one.

I'm on the same boat, running old firmware and scared to upgrade.

Yes, that is what I was also wondering if any issues with the updated, update.

I too have not upgraded, and am awaiting news on the revised firmware, clearly we are all nervous [WINKING FACE]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I upgraded the first version and luckily it worked, now frightened to try the the new one in case of problems, dji really need to make sure these things work before releasing, does nothing for confidence in there updates, in the future nothing is getting updated until i hear from others its fine :|

I did the newer, 26 jan bin file update...
Did exactly what it was supposed to, no probs.

Dji has a phone number now so you can call them and speak live to a support guy

When I received my replacement Vision I did all updates and was flying within the hour. No glitches whatsoever and if anything this new one seems to fly even better. Maybe because I went a few weeks with no radar and only camera view. That really makes a difference. In my opinion you can't be afraid of doing these updates as they are there for a reason. Sure you may want to wait a few days and read the forums in case a bunch of people are reporting problems but generally speaking these updates that are being released to the public have already been basic bug tested and do fix various issues.

That is correct, however after a brick for a camera, it also made me nervious, however, at their then recomendation I retried, afraid of another brick. Since they pledged to return it if bricked, I performed the update.

dastagg said:
That is correct, however after a brick for a camera, it also made me nervious, however, at their then recomendation I retried, afraid of another brick. Since they pledged to return it if bricked, I performed the update.

Just wondering, did you contact DJI directly or did you go through a dealer. How did you get support?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20