DJI Filters for P4 Available Now!

Reaction score
For those P4 owners who were waiting for DJI's OEM filters - they are now available! So far, they have the stock UV, ND4, ND8, and ND16. These filters have the same matte gray appearance as the P4's new composite gimbal and camera, for those wanting a more streamlined look than the PolarPro P3 filters.
ND4
ND8
ND16
UV

Whoops lol

True, but if you don't already have filters... :)

For those P4 owners who were waiting for DJI's OEM filters - they are now available! So far, they have the stock UV, ND4, ND8, and ND16. These filters have the same matte gray appearance as the P4's new composite gimbal and camera, for those wanting a more streamlined look than the PolarPro P3 filters.
ND4
ND8
ND16
UV
Alas, still no graduated ND, nor a polarizer...

No, sir. I'm wondering what the demand is like for those filters.
Good question. :cool: The graduated neutral density filter helps lower the dynamic range of the scene, so that it is within the recording capabilities of the sensor, by reducing the light coming from the bright sky above the horizon, while still retaining detail in the landscape below, such as when it is necessary to shoot into the direction of the sun. The polarizing filter does the same thing as polarized sunglasses, reducing glare and reflections, darkening blue skies, and helping saturate colors. Landscape photographers always have graduated ND filters and polarizing filters in their arsenal, and so should aerial videographers and photographers. If shooting stills, you can bracket the exposure and shoot in RAW to create a High Dynamic Range (HDR) composite during post, but video gives you no such option. Also, the +/- 0.7 EV brackets of the DJI GO app, with a limited 5 bracket range from -1.4 to +1.4 EV, are usually too narrow for a full HDR coverage of a landscape scene. A graduated ND filter can help expand that range.

Reactions: Van Wilder
Nice explanation :)

What I meant is that I don't think there is as much demand for GND and PL filters.
Thanks! :cool:
Yes, but there is far greater need for them, than the many ND filter sets being sold. It's just a matter of education. Half the people buying ND filters think they are to change the exposure, rather than the shutter speed! :rolleyes:

There are a lot of people that don't understand that there is a direct correlation between frame rate and shutter speed when shooting video. For smooth video the general rule is shutter speed should be double the frame rate. That being said you have to use ND filters to control exposure.

Most just crank up the shutter speed to set the exposure and end up with choppy video.

There are a lot of people that don't understand that there is a direct correlation between frame rate and shutter speed when shooting video. For smooth video the general rule is shutter speed should be double the frame rate. That being said you have to use ND filters to control exposure.

Most just crank up the shutter speed to set the exposure and end up with choppy video.
All true, but I've seen many a post from people that think the ND filters are for correcting overexposure, when, in fact, their purpose is only to lower the shutter speed to twice the frame rate. Myself, I don't mind a little choppiness in the 4K video because I usually fly at sunset, and I want the shutter speed as fast as possible to extract sharp still frames out of the 4K video. It's fairly close to 1/50th anyway, after sunset.

If you want the graduated ND filter I think your only option is rainbowers filters, I have them and they work great
Thanks! I'm just surprised DJI hasn't recognized the need, especially for the circular polarizer.

I have the SRP GND filter too. It's tough to slide on, but the quality is great.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I wouldn't buy them as the UV filter feels so cheap. Buy the PolarPro's instead.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj