DJI FC40 Overweight...

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

With my bigger battery, my dji fc40 is 61 grams over weight. So that means the whole quad is 1,261.xx grams. Is this a big deal?

Btw, I did install the 9" props instead of using the 8" props. Does this help make the extra weight OK? Thanks.

My 1.1.1 with all the goodies was around 1280 I seen some post guys/gals birds where over the 1300 mark the only thing is it kinda flys like a rock and you'll get short flight times I was around 6 min. Flights . Now that's a P1 fc40 about the same just different Radio frequency 2.4 vs 5.8 .

750r said:
My 1.1.1 with all the goodies was around 1280 I seen some post guys/gals birds where over the 1300 mark the only thing is it kinda flys like a rock and you'll get short flight times I was around 6 min. Flights . Now that's a P1 fc40 about the same just different Radio frequency 2.4 vs 5.8 .

It does fly hard... but I am wondering, do you think it will hurt the motors to fly with 60 grams overweight all the time?

No they might get a little warmer other than that it'll be fine I have around 100 flights on my P1 with the heavy weight one thing I would do is try and use DJI props . I'm still on the stock motors no gimbal (junk shark) just iosd & FPV with stationary cam that came with the Fatshark used for free styling in manual mode . Do your preflight check on everything and listen for any different noises from your motors . Only thing I was going to do was upgrade the bearings to better ceramic but have different plans now going to make it into a 1.5 with e300 ESCs & motors .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1