DJI F550 vs. Mavic

Reaction score
As I posted in another thread, I'm working on a DJI F550 for my university project. While I was researching monitors, transmitters, FPV options, etc, I learned about the new DJI Mavic which seems to be able to do everything I need my F550 to do.

My university class requires me to build a multi-rotor copter, so 'ready-to-fly' Mavic is not an option; but I'm curious to hear from other members on this forum, what advantage does the F550 have over the Mavic?

I have two options:
1) Buy FPV, monitor, nice transmitter, etc and keep the F550 for a long time
2) Buy the minimum to pass the class, sell the F550, and buy the Mavic to do FPV and filming.

Curious to hear your opinions!

I'm curious to hear from other members on this forum, what advantage does the F550 have over the Mavic?
Apart from it's very compact form factor when folded and great battery life, the outstanding feature of the Mavic will be the Ocusynch control system.
Lightbridge used on the P3 Advanced and Pro was way, way better than the wifi system almost all other drones use.
Lightbridge was a huge technological leap and just about anyone using a Lightbridge drone wouldn't go back to wifi.
Ocusynch will be a step beyond Lightbridge.

Would the F550 be more stable than the mavic?

I'm trying to figure out whether I should spend all the money to make the F550 nice, or just save it, buy the minimum to pass the class, and get a Mavic instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers