DJI early adopter discount and rebate petition

Reaction score
So you recently bought a Phantom 2 Vision and now see DJI is coming out with the Phantom 2 Vision + with a 3 axis integrated gimbal and redesigned camera housing, which will quickly depreciate the value of your P2V.

Please sign this petition to let DJI know they need to take care of their early adopters by offering an upgrade discount to current P2V owners and a rebate to those who have purchased a P2V in the past couple of weeks.

Let your voice be heard at DJI's corporate HQ! Don't live your life being a beta tester for these companies with rapidly evolving products.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dji- ... ter-rebate

--------

When Apple pulled this stunt with the iPhone 3GS then the 4 coming so soon thereafter they offered early adopters an upgrade option and/or a discount/rebate. Will DJI be so kind?

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=398352891703

Sadly I've been down this road too many times...

http://www.macworld.com/article/1059849 ... ction.html

gfredrone said:
Where is the outrage? I demand outrage! :lol:

P2V+ is $1,299

Where do I sign this petition? :D

-slinger

Signed. They need to release a gimbal upgrade, right away. This has really left a bad taste in my mouth with DJI. I can't see buying another Phantom after this one.

Singed. I'm not a "give me something for nothing" person but I do believe we were used as beta testers! The roll out of an improved design so quickly AT THE SAME PRICE is a kick in the nuts!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lot's of hacked off folks on facebook but I can't get the link to stick over there.

I'm confused. Is this saying DJI should have:

- Waited longer to release the P2V+
OR
- Charged more for it
OR
- Not have released the P2V in the first place until it was at P2V+ level?

OI Photography said:

OR
- Charged more for it
OR

I don't think it's any of the above, in my opinion. I think it's more of the fact that the P2V was sold as a high end flying camera and clearly the gimbal is lacking.
Rolling out the exact same product so quickly with an obvious fault on the first version "fixed" is kind of a kick in the *** to their customers.
I love my P2V and it's a quality product but I don't think anyone can deny that the gimbal is just junk and a bad design.
Hence, we were beta testers for DJI.

Edit I forgot to finish my thought! ;)
There should be a discount of some sort offered to purchase the new hardware.

OI Photography said:

OR
- Charged more for it
OR

None of the above. It's asking for a very reasonably priced upgrade path for recent purchasers.

AmosMoses said:
OI Photography said:

OR
- Charged more for it
OR

I don't think it's any of the above, in my opinion. I think it's more of the fact that the P2V was sold as a high end flying camera and clearly the gimbal is lacking.
Rolling out the exact same product so quickly with an obvious fault on the first version "fixed" is kind of a kick in the *** to their customers.
I love my P2V and it's a quality product but I don't think anyone can deny that the gimbal is just junk and a bad design.

???? "high end flying camera" ???? its worth $ 600 bucks ... hardly a high end camera :lol:

And in this logic didnt the Phantom 1 people get ripped when DJI built the P2 ?? .... and then didnt the P2 people get ripped when they built the P2V ???

100,000's of people have been beta testers for Microsoft, APPLE ... and a legion of other coporate cash hungry marketing operations ..... why is it when the Chinese do it, ... its so much of an affront to some of you here ... ??? Progress is hard to get for some people ...

GMANNZ said:
AmosMoses said:
OI Photography said:

OR
- Charged more for it
OR

???? "high end flying camera" ???? its worth $ 600 bucks ... hardly a high end camera :lol:

And in this logic didnt the Phantom 1 people get ripped when DJI built the P2 ?? .... and then didnt the P2 people get ripped when they built the P2V ???

100,000's of people have been beta testers for Microsoft, APPLE ... and a legion of other coporate cash hungry marketing operations ..... why is it when the Chinese do it, ... its so much of an affront to some of you here ... ??? Progress is hard to get for some people ...

So don't sign the petition. Not sure why it really needs to be justified to you anyway. Just don't participate... Bet you'd be in line for the discount if it's offered through.... Peace!

Oh and you're not comparing apples to apples. The major differences between the P1,P2, and the vision is price. The + is being released at almost the exact same price as the P2V.
The P2 had pretty much a complete redesign compared to the P1. The vision obviously had the camera added. The only difference between the P2V and the P2V+ is the obvious design flaw has been fixed on the P2V+ which was the gimbal.

OI Photography said:

OR
- Charged more for it
OR

I see OI Photography's point.

I bought my 3rd P2 on 3-24-14 and the realistic question is how long from the date of purchase should I be upset, angry or even outraged at the availability of a new option at the same price.

What is the threshold?

Granted, I would LOVE for Dji to say" You purchased with-in one month so here is an exchange for a new P2 With new gimbal."

However what about the people who got theirs one month and two days ago???

What is the threshold??

The truth is that we all want to be associated with, and purchase from a company that improves its products on a regular basis.

just my 2 cents....

tony

yes you are right Ton Ben ..... and you can never make everyone happy ... people were whining and moaning the other day when DJI restarted its free battery promotion ... "i bought my P2V 2 weeks ago ... whine moan ... I want MY FREE battery NOW, why should I miss OUT !!!!" ...... this even though promotion had clear dates set on it, hell people were on this forum advising others how to lie and cheat DJI or their dealers to get one ..... will always be someone whom is not happy and feels lifes owes them what "they" think its does ... regardless of the true facts. !!

Again, you chose to go off in a different direction and not compare comparable situations. Instead you attack others?
Find one post/member that thinks the gimbal on the P2V is a quality design. You own one I'm guessing? What's your opinion on the gimbal? Nice? High quality? Great design?
It was a design flaw that screws up the quality of the video and the pictures.
I don't see why you need to attack people for asking for at least a path to affordability purchase the fix to a problem.
But whatever...

Migmon said:
ill tell you right now DJI couldnt give half a **** for your petition

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone! Pheeww. Now we can all move on.
Are you an spokes person? Is that their official response? :p

AmosMoses said:

Exactly! I posted the same thought on another topic last night. Companies like RP wouldn't even be in existence had DJI released this version initially. They grossly underestimated the demand for better/stable video now they cut the nuts off 3rd party gmbal makers and used there current P2V customer base as testers while leaving us hanging with substantially sub par product compared to the + version.

I have to P2V's and modded the crap outta both so I wont be buying another RTF produce from DJI. They make great control boards like the A2 and Wookong but they wont get any more of my money on a RTF product.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4